Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Allegedly someone planted a pipe bomb at the DNC and RNC headquarters the night of January 5. What IS a pipe bomb?

Allegedly someone planted a pipe bomb at the DNC and RNC headquarters the night of January 5. What IS a pipe bomb?

Does it do more damage than a regular bomb? What is a regular bomb? Molotov cocktails? What do perps carry around with them to most efficiently blow up and murder people?

Inquiring minds wanna know. Ya know. Just in case we wanna do it too. Blow something/someone UP.

Posted - January 30, 2021

Responses

It is a bomb in a pipe.  More damage than a Molotov cocktail.

Also if it was planted the night before....then President Trump's speech had nothing to do with it.
      January 30, 2021 6:44 AM MST

It is a crude , but effective device built by placing smokeless gunpowder, which can be purchased at any gun store, Into a pipe along with shrapnel (Nails, bbs etc) and a detonation device. The pipe is sealed tightly with pipe caps.
      January 30, 2021 11:39 AM MST

So it's a cheap way to kill people? Do they have instructions somewhere on the internet of how to? Geez. Thank you for your reply E. Can they kill you or just maim/cripple you?
      January 30, 2021 12:02 PM MST

I'm sure one can get instructions, but it is incredibly easy. If one of them exploded to you one accident, they would be picking up your pieces for three days.
      January 30, 2021 12:13 PM MST

Not really appealing to me. Is it any worse or less worse than a normal bomb bomb? Thank you for your reply E! :)
      February 11, 2021 12:45 PM MST

If packed into metal pipe they are worse than in plastic because the pipe can splinter into vicious shrapnel. (Most of the shrapnel causing horrible battle injuries is fragments of bomb or shell casings.) 

I have never understood the mentality of terrorist bombers who know and often want their main victims to be ordinary people going about their daily lives. I can see their twisted strategy (literally, terror), but not what drives them to become so inhumane.
      January 30, 2021 3:57 PM MST

I have never understood HATE Durdle. Dislike yes. Aversion sure. Avoidance of course. BUT HATE? That I don't get it because it takes away the most from the hater and often the hated doesn't even know about it. How does that make any sense? Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 13, 2021 11:45 AM MST
      February 11, 2021 12:47 PM MST

It makes no sense to me, too; but sadly we seem to be seeing a rise in all sorts of offence-taking, censorship attempts, intolerance, death-threats and actual violence.

Whether there really is any more than there used to be I have no idea, but so-called "social media" has made it far easier for such people. Maybe the sites they create and infest ought be called "antisocial media".

'
    I have the News on at the moment.  Just as I typed the above it announced that an ISIS suicide-bomber killed himself and about 20 of his comrades in one go. It seems as he drove away he sounded the horn as a farewell to them, forgetting it was wired to the car-bomb.
      February 13, 2021 11:12 AM MST

Some good news for a change. I wonder how many virgins he will get for stupidity. This post was edited by Element 99 at February 14, 2021 4:17 AM MST
      February 13, 2021 11:46 AM MST

How about he get spayed/neutered instead? THEN all the virgins will be safe with him and he can look but not touch. I think that would be suitable.
      February 14, 2021 4:18 AM MST

How? He blew himself to smithereens.
      February 14, 2021 12:16 PM MST

Easy peasy. Did you see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? Remember tommy TV? He dematerilized into a bazillion pieces so he could rematerialize in a TV or something. Well that's what would happen to the blown up bits and pieces. Why not? Also remember the horror movie THE FLY? Maybe there is no relevance here but I will always remember that last shot zooming in on the guy with the head of a fly and the body of human saying HELP ME! Nifty socko ending! Thank you for your reply E! :)
      February 15, 2021 2:18 AM MST

Another example of idiots at the wheel. All emotion no intellect. That always ends so well doesn't it? Thank you for your thoughtful reply Durdle! :)
      February 14, 2021 4:17 AM MST

They'll turn him down. They'll want only intelligent men.
      February 13, 2021 12:58 PM MST

Intelligent people do not blow people up, especially themselves. So fear not the intelligent are not among them. Of course they think they are and that's what makes them so pathetic. Thank you for your reply Durdle! :)
      February 14, 2021 4:20 AM MST

Unfortunately perhaps, intelligence does not come into it for most terrorists, and certainly not those behind them who know exactly what they are doing, and are very cunning.

I  can't remember his name,  but the man who organised the World Trade Center destruction was university-educated, and I think he did qualify in civil-engineering - knowledge that would have helped him plan the attack. Pol Pot held a degree from the Sorbonne University in Paris, and though not a "terrorist" he was clever enough to organise and lead one of the vilest, and anti-education, regimes in the 20th Century.

Terrorists are no more or less bright than anyone else; but usually have little knowledge or understanding of the ideas and people they think are their enemies, and are unable or refuse to see things from the others' perspective. The brighter ones may even be more dangerous because they can plan their attacks and cover their tracks more effectively

They are emotionally weak though, enough to be taken in by fringe causes. Many are probably like gang-members or Qanon followers who lead very narrow, limited lives, so the movement or cult or gang makes them feel part of something important for once. They  might have sort of personality disorder that encourages such thinking, but wrapped up with long-term grudges, disaffection and external factors like deprivation, it leads to festering bitterness they can't control.

It's not a matter of intelligence, but of emotion and lack of self-control. 
      February 23, 2021 2:38 AM MST

I think there is more than a tinge of CRACKPOT there too Durdle. Don't you? I mean the QANONS believe there is a deep state child raping cannible cabal that FOOTOO was going to take down. They rape children then eat them? Can you honestly tell me that a SANE person would believe crap like that? They do apparently allegedly. Further they believe on March 4 FOOTOO will be installed again as president. Or so I hear. Where is the sanity in that? How many geniuses are/were insane? Something wicked this way comes. CRACKPOTS rule today. The fringes that were shunned and mocked and put in mental institutions are now trying to run the country. And so it goes. Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 23, 2021 4:32 AM MST