Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » It takes so many days for the body to build up antibodies. Will there ever be a way to shortcut that and make it INSTANT?

It takes so many days for the body to build up antibodies. Will there ever be a way to shortcut that and make it INSTANT?

Posted - February 1, 2021

Responses

That would require an instant replacement of the white blood cells in your body.
    OR instantly changing your DNA.

I wouldn't hope for either scenario.
    Our bodies are not made for instant changes.  That's why evolution takes so long.
      February 1, 2021 8:45 AM MST

Did we learn nothing from the science fiction/horror movies of the 50's and 60's?
      February 1, 2021 11:47 AM MST

:):):)
      February 2, 2021 2:20 AM MST

What about Leukemia Walt? Isn't that cancer of the blood? Wouldn't instant changing of the cancerous blood cells save lives? I mean in the world of reality now that would be impossible but maybe down the road somewhere it wouldn't be? How many diseases of the blood are there and aren't they all deadly? Anyway isn't wondering and pondering necessary to achieve anything? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine. Our poor east coast muggers. I haven't checked the news but I think they got hit really hard with a n'oreaster? What if we could have redirected it to hit over the water? Controlling weather is also beyond our ability now. WHAT IF one day we can? This post was edited by RosieG at February 2, 2021 1:42 AM MST
      February 2, 2021 1:41 AM MST

I'm not sure it it's a "n'or'easter" ... as they're saying the storm that's hitting them actually travelled across from the west coast.

One of the things on StarTrek, about the transporter, was that it could supposedly remove contaminations from the body.  They did this on a couple episodes, when the "away team" beamed back from a planet.  However, there were also episodes where it didn't remove disease.  I believe one episode explained it by they had to have a scan of the person before the disease, or the transporter wouldn't remove it.  I'm not sure if that would even work for some diseases that are the body attacking itself.

Though there was the one StarTrek movie where they went to the past, and Dr McCoy used a pill to instantly cure a diabetes patient (IIRC).
      February 3, 2021 6:59 AM MST

It was good show. They had a lot of very thought-provoking storylines...some arcs on occasion. There was one about an empath I think. I think there was a golden age of TV and it was long ago and far away. Think we'll ever get there again Walt futurely? Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      February 7, 2021 12:32 PM MST