Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Can you tell me what issues you're having and how you're connecting to the site?

Can you tell me what issues you're having and how you're connecting to the site?

I'm trying to pinpoint what's happening and give the dev better insights. It seems browser/ device dependant. Please comment on this thread with additional details or send me a message via on-site inbox or to answerMugger (at) gmail.com

What I need to know is:

* A list of all issues you're experiencing
* What kind of device you're using (desktop, laptop, tablet, phone)
* What operating system and version you're using (iOS 14.4, macOS 11.2, Windows 10 20H2, Android 11)
* What browser and version you're using (Chrome 88.0.4324, Internet Explorer 11.0)

If you don't have all these details, please give me the most info you can. Thanks!

Posted - February 3, 2021

Responses

Unable to click on messages and like
      February 3, 2021 5:35 AM MST

My name is not at the top of the page. Answermug is now in the middle of generic advertising usually found on news sites. All the choices to add a picture, change the font etc is gone and replaced with a small "reply" text box.
      February 3, 2021 6:53 AM MST

The only thing I see is the chat room is gone. I am using a desktop, windows 10 and firefox as a browser.
      February 3, 2021 7:16 AM MST

* A list of all issues you're experiencing

Blank Quick Reply, no ability to change fonts, add pics, etc.
    No Chat Box
    My name missing from top of page
    No drop down menu under Questions - no Rosie's Corner
    There's nothing under What's Happening On the Mug
    Pretty much all of the same issues as those before me.
    Responses to comments are at the bottom of the page rather than under the person's original comment.

* What kind of device you're using (desktop, laptop, tablet, phone)
    Laptop

* What operating system and version you're using (iOS 14.4, macOS 11.2, Windows 10 20H2, Android 11)
    Windows 10 Home

* What browser and version you're using (Chrome 88.0.4324, Internet Explorer 11.0)
    Chrome
    This post was edited by SpunkySenior at February 7, 2021 8:32 PM MST
      February 3, 2021 7:41 AM MST

Dang. Maybe it's the snow storm.
      February 3, 2021 7:49 AM MST

Home page button is gone.
    The back-to-top arrow is gone.

Clicking the following buttons does not work at all: menu, private messages envelope icon, friends list, questions, categories, like, reply, quick reply, comment, edit. I can post new questions, but cannot reply, comment or edit.
    The options box is gone completely (font sizes, colors, photos, gifs, YouTube videos, etc.)
    My user name does not appear at the top of the page, so I can’t access any of the functions that open within it.
    When clicking the My Profile button, the Activity — More Activities button does not open up its dropdown box.

I’m using an iPhone, Safari, I don’t know all the version info. Wait, I don’t know any of the version info.
    Following another member’s suggestion, I switched over from Duck, Duck, Go to Google, but it resulted in no change whatsoever with the glitches.

The link below is from a question I posted 8am Monday morning February 1st. By Wednesday, after logging off then back on, I lost all of the functions.

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/123474/ok-what-is-it-this-time-the-options-to-post-photos-and-gifs-he/view/post_id/869871

~
      February 3, 2021 8:28 AM MST

I have only one issue on my Android. Cannot make a link live.  With Samsung internet on mobile. Android 7.0

On my desktop, everything is fine but I cannot post a photo. 
    Win 10, Chrome 
    Version 88.0.4324.104 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Site goes through the process of picking a photo, puts the name of the photo in the Upload box but stops there. Does not actually do the upload. 

(Update: as of today Fed 4) Chrome on Desktop now: Just a simply text box for quick reply. (So no picts etc) No like, subscribe, reply. But I can edit. Not notifications or messages No Happening Now page. I checked for Chrome update and it updated but did not bring back functions. Google Chrome is up to date Version 88.0.4324.150 (Official Build) (64-bit) This post was edited by my2cents at February 5, 2021 3:19 PM MST
      February 3, 2021 9:02 AM MST

I went to try to use another desktop browser.
    I am getting all the other issues.

Cannot reply to an answer.
    Quick Reply only text box is offered so no way to post picts or change fonts etc.
    No Notifications.
    Top menu says MY PROFILE instead of my2cents
    Home page is blank just has the background format What's Happening Now... but shows no activity.

Desktop Win 10, Microsoft Edge
    Version 88.0.705.56 (Official build) (64-bit) This post was edited by my2cents at February 7, 2021 2:59 PM MST
      February 3, 2021 9:14 AM MST

Element: I can't like or reply. I can't believe all of these people have been affected by the snow. Rosie is out in CA and I don't even see her corner.
      February 3, 2021 10:08 AM MST

I can access her and she is having the same issues. I was kidding about the storm.
      February 3, 2021 1:50 PM MST

I had to look for her questions along the right side of my screen.  
      February 7, 2021 12:32 PM MST

If you have your Homepage (Happening Now), you can get to Rosie's Corner by clicking on one of her questions on it. (On the side or an answer to one of her questions)
    If you do not have the Happening now page...then click on "MY PROFILE" and it should show you your posts. Click on one that you know was a RosieG question. Then to see the rest of her questions click on the site menu saying Rosie's Corner. It will bring up just her section.  
    This post was edited by my2cents at February 7, 2021 3:00 PM MST
      February 3, 2021 3:05 PM MST

Element99, SpunkySenior, and all others: if weather is part of the cause for some of these glitches, it doesn’t matter what the individual users’ locations are, it’s the location of the servers or other hubs that mandate the website’s traffic.
    ~
      February 3, 2021 10:30 AM MST

We are having normal winter weather here. I do not have the problem others seem to be having. It also appears I am the only one using Mozilla Firefox as a browser. Many are also using their phones, whereas I am using a desktop with Windows 10.
      February 3, 2021 1:48 PM MST

I use to get really upset at things like this but as of now, I don't care anymore. The reason being is that I no longer take this website or anything that seriously. There are a few hiccups here and there as far as logging into the site. This post was edited by Zack at February 3, 2021 7:05 PM MST
      February 3, 2021 10:35 AM MST

I'm copying and pasting my reply to Element's question that I misread:

Issues - message and notifications are not accessible at all, no chat feature - seems to have disappeared completely, cannot reply to other people's replies, cannot see 'home page', cannot ask questions.

I've tried Chrome and Edge browsers, no differences. I am using a less than 2 year-old Lenovo laptop, Windows 10.
      February 3, 2021 4:59 PM MST

I can't send message and notification bell is dead. I can't ask a question or reply to a comment. The only thing I can do is answer a question in a "quick reply" box that is about 1/2" tall. This is the fourth day. I'm using a desktop with Windows 7 and Firefox 81.0.2. I have not changed anything on my end. Also the little feedback 'always on top' button is gone. I send a feed back message by clicking the feedback link at the bottom of a page. I could not find the Answerbag group or page on Facebook. Did you take it down? I was going to try to reach you that way. Anyway, thanks for posting this question.

TM
      February 3, 2021 5:32 PM MST

IPhone XR, iOS 14.4.

On Safari  I can use all the regular functions except there is no full text editor when posting a question (no option to post media etc) I do have these options when answering, commenting with Safari. 

When using Duck Duck Go nothing is working. I can’t hit the menu to look at questions, notification button does not work. PM button does not work. I can’t reply to a comment or post any pictures/ videos in replies. 

I also tried Chrome App out of curiosity and it’s the same result as DDG. 

All three browsers are latest versions. 

February 3, 2021 7:06 PM MST

I opened on my phone using Chrome and got all the same issues. 

Cannot like, subscribe, reply. 
    No messages, no notifications cannot lock screen.  
    Just small text box for quick reply. 
    I have active Homepage but if I tell it to use desktop mode then Homepage goes blank. 

Also in Chrome there are ads at the bottom of screen.  But not on Samsung Internet. 

Screenshot of Chrome top screen:

Screenshot of Google Chrome info: notice latest update Feb 1st.
    This post was edited by my2cents at February 5, 2021 3:20 PM MST
      February 4, 2021 7:26 AM MST

I also downloaded Firefox on to my Desktop WIN 10....same problems
    As Chrome (today) and Edge.
    Name Firefox
    Version 85.0
    Build ID 20210118153634

Don't know it it matters but I have ads on Firefox, and Edge but not Chrome.
      February 4, 2021 2:07 PM MST

Just wanted to thank you all for your insights. I’ve forwarded this thread to the dev and he’s watching it and investigating.
      February 5, 2021 2:59 PM MST

• * A list of all issues you're experiencing

I can't click on the private message button, the friend request button, the notifications button, the choose a category botton, reply to a post or like a post. The choose a category button is cut off after "choose a ca". The front page where the recent posts were displayed is now blank.

I can only use the quick reply box, but there are no options above the quick reply box. I can't add pictures or videos. I can't change the text styles.

I can ask questions by clicking on Ask a Question on the bottom of the page, but I still can't upload pictures or videos or use different text styles.

* What kind of device you're using
    Macbook

* What operating system and version you're using
    macOS Big Sur Versión 11.2

* What browser and version you're using
    Firefox 85.0.1

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 6, 2021 6:47 PM MST
      February 6, 2021 1:13 AM MST

As of Feb 6. Android 7 Samsung Internet v13.2.1.70 Only issue: Only a small text box available now (no options for picts video, fonts etc) I can still reply/like etc to users posts but just with the text box.

As of Feb 6 7:30p....all appeals back to normal on my mobile.  This post was edited by my2cents at February 7, 2021 2:59 PM MST
      February 6, 2021 6:48 AM MST