Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » I have been hearing a lot of chatter here about the AM issues many of you are having.

I have been hearing a lot of chatter here about the AM issues many of you are having.

I have none of them. I am using an old-fashion desktop, Windows 10, and firefox as a browser. If anyone here is not having issues, please let us know what you are using. I don't think it is AM.

Posted - February 3, 2021

Responses

I am 98%  issues free with my android smartphone in chrome.
      February 3, 2021 2:27 PM MST

latest version of chrome on an iphone 11 with ios 14.3
      February 3, 2021 2:34 PM MST

Only an issue with posting links on my LG K20 plus with Android 7.0 with Samsung internet
      February 3, 2021 2:51 PM MST

Issues - message and notifications are not accessible at all, no chat feature - seems to have disappeared completely, cannot reply to other people's replies, cannot see 'home page'.

Oh.. you said people without issues. Oh, there's another issue. There's no way to change fonts, etc. Well, I'm going to finish my reply anyway...

I've tried Chrome and Edge browsers. I am using a less than 2 year-old Lenovo laptop.
      February 3, 2021 4:49 PM MST

The only thing I can do is answer a question, like I'm doing now. I cannot reply to a comment, post questions, get notification or messages. I am using a desktop W7 and Firefox 81.0.2.
      February 3, 2021 4:57 PM MST

What Thrifty said goes for me, too, I guess. I can see my own profile if I click on it.
      February 3, 2021 5:01 PM MST

Safari, having a lot of issues. This post was edited by . at February 4, 2021 8:09 PM MST
      February 3, 2021 5:30 PM MST

Old-fashioned desktop, Google Chrome, Windows -- I have no problems whatsoever.

well, I take that back -- anyone who has seen me on this site knows I have problems.

;)
      February 3, 2021 7:19 PM MST

I have the same issues as Thritymaid and the others. I cannot respond to an individual's comment right underneath - only at the bottom of the page in the Quick Reply box. May I suggest that if you are responding to someone, put their name in your Quick Reply box so they know to whom you are responding.
      February 3, 2021 9:30 PM MST

Home page button is gone.
    The back-to-top arrow is gone.

Clicking the following buttons does not work at all: menu, private messages envelope icon, friends list, questions, categories, like, reply, quick reply, comment, edit. I can post new questions, but cannot reply, comment or edit.
    The options box is gone completely (font sizes, colors, photos, gifs, YouTube videos, etc.)
    My user name does not appear at the top of the page, so I can’t access any of the functions that open within it.
    When clicking the My Profile button, the Activity — More Activities button does not open up its dropdown box.

I’m using an iPhone, Safari, I don’t know all the version info. Wait, I don’t know any of the version info.
    Following another member’s suggestion, I switched over from Duck, Duck, Go to Google, but it resulted in no change whatsoever with the glitches.

The link below is from a question I posted 8am Monday morning February 1st. By Wednesday, after logging off then back on, I lost all of the functions.

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/123474/ok-what-is-it-this-time-the-options-to-post-photos-and-gifs-he/view/post_id/869871

~
      February 3, 2021 10:54 PM MST

I don't call a desk-top PC "old-fashioned". For my purposes it is better than a lap-top would be, and anything smaller would be useless however "up to date"! Up-dating is not always up-grading!

That aside, I use WIN 7 Pro - I tried WIN 10 but it was a disaster - but for a while now I need to go via Firefox for any research even at a simple level. I've not tried it there but Google and YouTube are basically denied to me, certainly via the default IE I use for viewing web-sites including this, and for e-posts.

I have noticed oddities from AM though.

Questions By Category has gone - it's just Questions, opening them by time order.

Replies are by Quick Reply only - no editing functions.

Other categories like Rosie's Corner have vanished.

I have not investigated other losses. Has AM been taken over by some other company run by a focus-group of marketing-executives, or been transferred to software unable to support it fully?
      February 4, 2021 10:02 AM MST

Up-date to my post above.

It would seem AM now opens in a different way, with that time-listed Questions list.
    The Qs by category are there but I found you need select Discussions, whereas the default opens the Qs by time..
      February 4, 2021 10:07 AM MST

Out of curiosity, I downloaded Firefox to my Desktop also WIN10 and I get same problems as Chrome and MS Edge.
    (No notification, no likes, no replys, Only small text box with not options to post picts etc)

Chrome was working for me yesterday but not today. I was wondering, if Foxfire is still working for you today>
      February 4, 2021 2:16 PM MST

I had a blank fooking page for half the day today.
      February 4, 2021 2:17 PM MST

I wrote this on another question, thought I'd put it here, too, to let you know that I now have many of the same issues as so many others. I noted that you and I were not having troubles with the site. Hope it keeps working for you! :)

I think it was one of Shuhak's questions that I posted :

I noted you had no problems, either. But now I do. Everything others were saying, is now happening to me on the site. I hope things keep working for you. :)

February 4, 2021 7:06 PM MST