Active Now

Randy D
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » At the age of 91 Christopher Plummer, the SOUND OF MJSIC guy died. You know what so ironic?

At the age of 91 Christopher Plummer, the SOUND OF MJSIC guy died. You know what so ironic?

He didn't like the movie at all. Said he thought it was sentimal SCHLOCK. Said it followed him around "like an albatross".

Go Figger.

Well I like the movie a lot. If you saw did you like it too?

Posted - February 6, 2021

Responses

The role I'll always associate him with is Leo Tolstoy in "The Last Station", an English-language drama about the final months in the life of the Russian author, co-starring Emma Thompson. But The Sound of Music wasn't a bad movie.
      February 6, 2021 4:29 AM MST

I did not see that movie. I like Emma Thompson a great deal too. I guess I like sentimental schlock Rev! Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 7, 2021 6:44 AM MST
      February 6, 2021 7:22 PM MST

He was also rather upset that it's not his voice singing in the film, either.

Julie Andrews gave her own tribute on the radio the other day, saying he was very good to work with but no, he didn't like its sentimentality much. He coped with it by off-set humour gently mocking it.

It seems though he became so much associated with just that one film, which I recall learning was not very popular in Austria because it treats the real Capt. von Trapp badly, and its story is very much "based on" the real family's life.

February 8, 2021 12:16 PM MST