Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Did you know that Shirley Temple Black was the U.S. Ambassador to Ghana, Czechoslovakia and also Chief of Protocol?

Did you know that Shirley Temple Black was the U.S. Ambassador to Ghana, Czechoslovakia and also Chief of Protocol?

How important are AMBASSADORS in a government? Is it windowdressing or something more substantive, essential?

President Biden is considering appointing Republicans to U.S. Ambassadorships...among them Cindy McCain, Jeff Flake.

It is a token thing to pacify or is it very important to choose well because maintaining cordial relationships with other counties is crucial?

Posted - February 12, 2021

Responses

Those are establishment party members no R or D needed.   
      February 12, 2021 7:10 AM MST

Why are you here? You did not answer anything I asked. You just made an irrelevant unnecessary comment which I did not request. I did not ask if ambassadors were partisan or non.

Now I ask questions in which I have interest. I would like respondents to answer them. How is that unreasonable?
      February 14, 2021 2:33 AM MST

They are very important, the primary representatives at national level of one country to another.
      February 13, 2021 12:26 PM MST

Thank you for your reply Durdle and Happy Sunday to you! :)
      February 14, 2021 2:29 AM MST