Active Now

Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Supposing a spirit cannot create material stuff do you think God only created an illusion of heavens and the earth and life et al?

Supposing a spirit cannot create material stuff do you think God only created an illusion of heavens and the earth and life et al?

Everything you see, hear, feel, taste and smell  is an illusion and heavens and the earth were created 6000 years ago in this scenario and even where one spends eternity is an illusion.

Posted - February 13, 2021

Responses

I've thought about that scenario and others as well.  There is no way for us to tell really.  We could all be in a snow globe sitting on God's desk for all we know.  
      February 14, 2021 2:26 AM MST

Perhaps God sent Jesus back in time to do the work of material creation to make existence a reality since Jesus demonstrated his ability to create material stuff by feeding 5000 people with only two fish and a couple loaves of bread. That might also explain his absence from a time of his youth until about age 32. This post was edited by Kittigate at February 14, 2021 8:43 AM MST
      February 14, 2021 7:32 AM MST

Yes, that is very true. 
      February 15, 2021 11:38 PM MST

Well... Maybe there is something to the illusion idea because CERN scientists have determined that the universe should technically not exist. Big puzzle! 

For further information you can google 'universe should not exist'.
    Sorry that I cannot make a link using my smartphone.

You could also go to 'universe is an illusion', interesting reading there also. This post was edited by Kittigate at February 16, 2021 1:39 AM MST
      February 16, 2021 12:33 AM MST

Since reading some of Nisargadatta Maharaj's conversations, I move between treating the sensory world as real enough, and seeing it as a fabrication. The latter usually takes over when Liverpool lose a game.
      February 14, 2021 4:28 AM MST

I googled 'Nisargadatta Maharaja',  looks like good interesting material to study. Thanks.
      February 14, 2021 8:22 AM MST

You're very welcome - among other exponents of 'Advaita Vedanta' (with which I'm not all too familiar), I think he's the most accessible from a Western point of view as you and I may share. But I'll refrain from saying more, because I'd likely end up skewing it.
      February 14, 2021 10:17 AM MST

February 17, 2021 2:57 PM MST