Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Element 99
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Some believe that merely disagreeing connotes DISLOYALTY. Do you agree?

Some believe that merely disagreeing connotes DISLOYALTY. Do you agree?

Posted - February 24, 2021

Responses

NO.. disagreeing for the purpose of trying to offer some good helpful advice should be regarded as a greater loyalty. 
    Provided that the 'good helpful advice' is well thought out.
      February 24, 2021 6:21 AM MST

Say you adore french fries. I tell you that broccoli is much healthier but if you prefer potatoes bake them don't fry them.

Disagreement. Logical reasoning...one vegetable is healthier but there is a healthier option in the METHOD of preparation of the veggie you prefer. Now how might that be construed as disloyalty? I know I'm stacking the deck here. Food disagreement isn't really ever vicious or vitriolic or dangerous or threatening. Still. I disagree with you. Am I being disloyal too?  Thank you for your reply Kg and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :)
      February 24, 2021 6:52 AM MST

You would not be disloyal by offering what you believe is good advice however I could regard it as disloyalty if I was being pigheaded.
      February 24, 2021 7:03 AM MST

True dat m'dear. I mean who doesn't LOVE french fries? But if I indulge I always feel guilty. I love baked potatoes but I really really really love broccoli. We have it EVERY WEEK. Fortunately for me Jim likes it a lot too! Thank you for your reply Kg! I guess a little guilt never hurt anyone too much if it's now and then! :)
      February 24, 2021 7:13 AM MST

No two people will ever agree 100% on everything.  Each person believes that their point of view is the correct one. 

Arguments don't always imply disloyalty; they simply indicate a difference of opinion.  Unfortunately, people have what's called stubborn pride.  This is what makes people refuse to admit that their point of view may be askew or wrong.  When this pride takes over, people become blinded to everything except themselves - I’m right; you're wrong, case closed!  They may even try to force the other person to their “side” with intimidation - You just don’t like me.  You’re being disloyal to me.  They’ll use phrases such as “you never...” or “you always…”.  If they still can’t get the other person to see it “their way”, they’ll use threats and ultimatums - “or else!”.
      February 24, 2021 11:02 AM MST

If folks would just use a  modifier Shuhak. "I'm right FOR ME". That's all it would take. That means you acknowledge that what is right for you is not necessarily right for others and so what? But the authoritarian totalitarian folk DEMAND you agree with them about ALL THINGS or SHUT UP. NEVER CRITICIZE OR DISAGREE. THAT IS DISLOYALTY! Well we know who lived by that sword and always will. I do not understand those ultimatum folks. Now there are deal breakers in any relationship. But color preference? Blue is the most favorite color of most people me included. But some like yellow best or green or whatever. They PREFER. Nothing wrong with going with your preference. However some things impact others and that's where the problem is. You vote for someone who is out to get me and does? I'm gonna not like you at all and try to stop you. You have an orange house with purple touches? No skin off my nose. I don't care. Doesn't impact me in any way. And so it goes! Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :)
      February 25, 2021 4:41 AM MST