Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Should the family of a pol be OFF LIMITS for attack or once the pol is elected is the whole family fair game? Why?

Should the family of a pol be OFF LIMITS for attack or once the pol is elected is the whole family fair game? Why?

Posted - February 26, 2021

Responses

Young children of political figures should be off limits.  To the extent that spouses and/or adult children make public statements or are in the public eye, they are open to praise as well as criticism.  
      February 26, 2021 2:54 PM MST

That makes complete sense. Like the adult FOOTOO progeny. But Barron? No. And Tiffany never said much of anything after FOOTOO was inaugurated. I think maybe her mom Marla was a good influence on her. I read that Tiffany announced her engagement a few weeks ago. I wish her well. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      February 27, 2021 2:00 AM MST

If nothing else, Melania has done a good job keeping Barron out of the public eye, as did Marla Maples with Tiffany.  Hopefully, they will both turn out better than his earlier progeny.  
      February 27, 2021 6:30 AM MST

Fingers crossed I hopefully think so. I wonder what they think of FOOTOO in the depths of their hearts? Are they embarrassed ashamed disgusted with him? Thank you for your reply L! :) I loved my Dad and Mom. They did not ever embarrass me that I recall. Certainly nothing about their character ever disappointed me. Bet Barron and Tiffany wish they could say the same about their dad. :(
      February 27, 2021 6:38 AM MST

Other than Ivanka, it doesn't appear that he has a particularly close or affectionate relationship with any of his children.  
      February 27, 2021 6:40 AM MST

He has insulted his older sons. I can't recall his ever mentioning Barron and I think he said Tiffany was fat when she was a teen. I guess comparing her to Ivanka, his dream girl. Imagine if all kids had a dad like him how screwed up even more the world would be? Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 27, 2021 6:42 AM MST

I only saw him smile at Barron once in public.  May have been when he was inaugurated.  For the most part, Barron trails behind him like a puppy which is probably how Trump likes it.  He insults everyone, including his older sons, which is not surprising.  That they do his bidding is beyond me except they're probably not able to make anything of themselves on their own.  Eric may have some smarts, but Jr. is a real loser.
      February 27, 2021 6:44 AM MST

I wonder if Barron will require a psychologist or psychiatrist? I wonder if he thinks his father loves him? We have no way of knowing what kind of kid he is but he appears to be very well-mannered and low key. I wonder what his interests are and if he loves to read and has a great curiosity/imagination? I hope all of those things are true for him because they all help to keep him centered with something to hold onto when the world is too much. Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 27, 2021 7:51 AM MST
      February 27, 2021 6:49 AM MST

Very little is written about Barron.  The one thing we do know is that he is very tall.  He's taller than his father and he's still pretty young.  When they lived in Trump Tower, it was written that he had his own living area which was pretty large.  I imagine he was spoiled in some ways, but maybe Melania has kept him more grounded.  I'd be curious to know how close he is with his older siblings.  
      February 27, 2021 7:53 AM MST

My take is that none of them are close to one another. All are jealous of any attention given by FOOTOO to any of them. I see no love or admiration or respect among them for them. None. How they turn out after FOOTOO is dead is anyone's guess. He loves setting people against one another and letting them battle it out. Some father! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      February 27, 2021 8:14 AM MST

I get the same impression.  Trump is too much in love with himself to shower any love on others.  
      February 27, 2021 9:36 AM MST

I cannot even almost imagine what it would be like to grow up in that environment. For one thing it would not be peaceful or comfy. Unless Ivana was a great mom and comforting and supportive I don't see FOOTOO being anything other than what we saw for 4 years and before. Cuthroat. Selfish. That was his best part! Thank you for your reply L and Happy Sunday to you m'dear! :)
      February 28, 2021 2:19 AM MST

I recall reading somewhere that Ivana said she pretty much raised their three kids alone - he had little to do with them although I'd bet that Ivanka was Daddy's little girl,  
      February 28, 2021 8:09 AM MST

I bet you're right! I believe Ivana. I cannot imagine FOOTOO ever feeling big LOVE for anyone not him can you? Thank you for your reply L! :)
      March 1, 2021 5:27 AM MST

No, he's too selfish to love anyone but himself.
      March 1, 2021 5:43 AM MST

I think there are probably tons of people like FOOTOO in the world. Here's what I don't get. Why so many millions adore what he is whom he is and what he says/does. That will always remain a mystery to me. Back in the day we'd ignore shun mock such folks as being "all full of themselves". Nothing to admire or respect or support. Is it that he just gave permission for those folks to come out? Were they always there just waiting for someone like him? What kind of life experiences would they have had growing up to make such a one as a FOOTOO a ROCK STAR? Any idea? Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 2, 2021 6:00 AM MST
      March 2, 2021 3:04 AM MST

I believe we all have a certain amount of racism and bigotry within us whether we like to admit it or not.  Coming into contact with certain groups of people in our life experiences sometimes makes us paint them all with the same brush.  Is it right, no it isn't, but human nature prevails.  The difference between Trump and most of us is that we keep those negative traits in check and don't outwardly express those views or take any physical action.  Trump has all but given people with the strongest views the right to say and/or do anything they want in this regard.  I'm not sure how long, if ever, we will get the Genie back in the bottle.
      March 2, 2021 6:05 AM MST

I am a bigot and a snob. Stupid people are not my cuppa tea and never will be. I cannot stand STUPID. I avoid it once identified. I don't mind who knows it. I'm neither proud nor ashamed of it. I just am what I said I am and whatever that means is what it means. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      March 2, 2021 1:23 PM MST

I can certainly agree with you on not wanting to be around stupid people.  :)
      March 2, 2021 9:57 PM MST

Hahahahahahahaha! I GUESSED that. Now everyone has a lapse now and then. And of course ignorance is not a bad thing because one can always change it by finding out, learning. But STUPID 24/7? AARRGGHH! Thank you for your reply L!  Yesterday I took the key to our gate  to open our top file drawer where we keep our blank checks. I needed a new checkbook. I tried to fit the key in it didn't fit! THEN dawn broke over my head. SIGH. I shared that with Jim and he broke out laughing. He thanked me for telling him. I always do. The gate key is a SINGLE KEY on a raspberry key ring. The file drawer key is ON MY KE YRING among other keys. No they do not look remotely alike. Oh once I found a dishrag in the freezer. I was cleaning the freezer and must have gotten distracted. That poor thing. Frozen solid! Thank you for your reply m'dear! :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 3, 2021 3:15 PM MST
      March 3, 2021 10:46 AM MST

I have found myself putting something in the freezer that belonged in a cabinet.  Fortunately, no harm was done as I realized it right away, but clearly my mind wasn't on the task at hand.  I have also found myself trying to navigate on my laptop and wondering why the cursor wasn't moving.  Turned out, I was holding my flip phone, which is about the same size as my mouse!
      March 3, 2021 3:17 PM MST

Oh honey I have used the phone once or twice thinking it was the REMOTE CONTROL! You know when I do something like that I always share it with Jim. He ALWAYS gives me an excuse like "you had so many things on your mind". He is very reliable about excusing my "whatever they are". Thank you for sharing. You know I look up to you so it makes me feel way less stupid if on occasion you've done "it" or something like it whatever the it is! :)
      March 4, 2021 4:33 AM MST

Thanks.  It's nice to have someone who tells you "It's OK, don't worry."  LOL...
      March 4, 2021 5:54 AM MST

Welcome. Anyway I think being perfect would be so boring. Nothing left to aspire to. Naw. Right?
      March 4, 2021 7:21 AM MST