Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Upon being released from prison, how soon before you start looking up the old gang and getting them back together for a new job?

Upon being released from prison, how soon before you start looking up the old gang and getting them back together for a new job?

1. No dice, pal! I’m planning to clean up my life and that means I’m going straight this time. Thanks but no thanks.

2.  You must be joking, right? You know I’m on parole and I can’t afford to associate with them anymore or I’ll get sent back inside. Count me out. (((((Ok, meet me at Claiborne’s around 11:30 tomorrow night. Shhhhhhhh.))))

3.  You’re not wearing a wire and cutting yourself a deal with the cops again, are you, Randy D? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

4.  A few hours from now.

5. I’ll need a few days to decide.

6. About a month.

7.  I plan to keep a low profile for the first six months or so, just to see how it’s going on the outside. If things aren’t shakin’ by then, that’s when I start reaching out.

8.  I see you don’t know me very well; I started contacting them when I got my 60-day notice of the parole board calling me in.

9. It’s not a gang, it’s a club!

10. I’ve always worked alone.

~

Posted - February 27, 2021

Responses

I might never.. a neighbor of mine (in the apartment building) met and invited 'some of the old gang' over to his pad then they took over his place. They bullied him around, he couldn't even sleep in his own bed and using his place to stash their stolen loot and also running a drug delivery service from there. He died shortly after from a heroin overdose, likely a suicide. 
    You should have seen the tons of loot coming out of there after he was gone!

That would be a #1.. no dice pal... This post was edited by Kittigate at February 28, 2021 6:20 PM MST
      February 27, 2021 11:38 PM MST

I'll have to wait for the rest of the gang to be released.
      February 28, 2021 6:21 PM MST

Oh, I see that you were released early for good behavior. Grrrrrrr. 

~

February 28, 2021 7:41 PM MST