Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Legal » In your opinion, is there anything wrong with politicians taking steps to restrict the opposing party’s ability to garner votes? ~

In your opinion, is there anything wrong with politicians taking steps to restrict the opposing party’s ability to garner votes? ~

Posted - March 2, 2021

Responses

Yes, lots wrong. It must be fair and each side must have equal opportunity to advertise their wares and to garner support. If one side or more than one other side are hindered in their ability then that's not  a democracy. There may be some info I am missing here but on a wider level that's my answer. 
      March 2, 2021 2:01 PM MST

That should be regarded as criminally offensive.
      March 2, 2021 8:22 PM MST

There should be no abridgement of a citizen's right to vote.  Every attempt should be made to make it as easy as possible for voters to cast their ballots.
      March 2, 2021 10:20 PM MST

Depends on how. Preventing the opposition from blatantly lying about your policies in order to garner votes from undecided voters? Nothing wrong with that. Preventing any citizen of legal age from exercising their democratic right to franchise? No excuse whatsoever.
      March 3, 2021 1:07 AM MST

I think:
    1. Voter registration at least 30 days before any election (allows local officials to verify your information is correct)
    2. Should have to deliver your vote yourself (no harvesting)
    3. No vote by mail unless you are out of the country or physically unable to go to the voting location
    4. EVERYONE should have to show ID
      April 28, 2023 3:29 PM MDT