Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Randy D
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Education » Even though it’s an overall negative, what would be a positive aspect if you had never learned to read?

Even though it’s an overall negative, what would be a positive aspect if you had never learned to read?

[Think way outside the box before answering.
~]

Posted - March 4, 2021

Responses

what would be a positive aspect
      March 4, 2021 6:10 AM MST

Thanks for catching that and letting me know!
    ~
      March 4, 2021 7:08 AM MST

My pleasure. :)
      March 4, 2021 10:34 AM MST

~

March 4, 2021 10:49 AM MST

I really can't think of a positive aspect of being illiterate.  I would be at a huge learning disadvantage, likely be ignorant and certain communication would be impossible.  I was in the post office recently when a 35-40-ish man was trying to address a letter and mail it.  He asked someone a question about the address, but the man had no time for him.  He looked so lost, so I asked him if I could help.  He seemed so relieved and I offered to put one of my stamps on the envelope for him so he didn't have to wait in the very long line.  He was flabbergasted and offered me $5.00 for the stamp.  I refused the money and told him to pay it forward.  I felt terrible for him.  By the way, he was not foreign - he was an American, so it wasn't a language issue. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at March 4, 2021 7:07 AM MST
      March 4, 2021 6:15 AM MST