Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Weather » Apparently, Canadians mail socks to other people. Is that just a Canadian thing?

Apparently, Canadians mail socks to other people. Is that just a Canadian thing?

~

Posted - March 4, 2021

Responses

They stated this back in the 60's, and even had their own catchphrase - "sock it to me".
      March 4, 2021 10:27 AM MST

Hey, wait a second . . .

~

March 4, 2021 5:05 PM MST

• It's not just a Canadian thing.  Some Argentine women made extra income by selling socks and underwear during the lockdown.  I saw their how to videos on Youtube, but I would feel weird or strange about selling my socks or undewear.
      March 9, 2021 1:46 AM MST

Lol!

“Tía, ¿cómo ganaba tanto dinero en poco tiempo?”

(“Auntie, how did you earn so much money in such a short time?)

~

March 9, 2021 4:50 AM MST

• I'm rethinking my first thought that it's weird or strange.  I have a cousin who knows a lot about it.  She told me that she made up to USD 200,00 per pair of dirty socks.  Because of a large difference in the cost of living between our countries, USD 200,00 is two weeks at work for me.  I'm in the upper half of the middle class in my own country.  I have a nice place to live and a new pickup truck, but if I were in your country, I would be poor.
      March 12, 2021 9:46 PM MST

lol, It’s true.  Women can make a lot of extra money by selling their unlaundered socks (and some other clothing items) online.  If you’re talking about Canada, the Canadians have strict protections for the domestic market.  Canadian customs confiscates unlaundered socks and other clothing items mailed into Canada, so they have to buy local.

lmao, Randy, this question probably took a turn you weren’t expecting.
      March 9, 2021 10:08 AM MST

I learned my lesson years ago on here: never set expectations. Grrrrrrr. 

~

March 13, 2021 8:16 PM MST