Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » If anyone has ever told you that your voice sounds like the voice of a famous actor, actress, singer, comedian, news anchor, etc., who was

If anyone has ever told you that your voice sounds like the voice of a famous actor, actress, singer, comedian, news anchor, etc., who was

the famous person, do you agree that your voice sounds like him or her, and were you flattered or were you appalled by the comparison?

For me, it was almost twenty years ago when someone told me I sounded like ESPN sportscaster Fred Hickman. I not only had never heard his voice, I didn’t even know who he was, and furthermore, I had never even seen ESPN at all. At that time, I did not look into it any further to listen to him speak so that I could evaluate the comparison for myself. Not long after that, my interest in the topic waned and I soon forgot all about it. 

Fast forward to today. Posting this question occurred to me, and as I was typing it, I remembered that I had such a story to tell. I checked online for ESPN broadcasts that featured Fred Hickman (it turns out he’s moved around to various networks), I listened to him and my opinion as to whether or not . . . you know, I think I’ll reserve announcing my impression for now. If any of you are already familiar with Hickman’s voice, or if those of you who are not but would like to listen to it first, I will give a week for answers to this question about your own voices and any famous doppelgängers before I divulge my own.

Fred Hickman 

~

Posted - March 4, 2021

Responses

when my husband and i first started talking he told me I sounded like Norah Jones and he listened to her music  when I wasn’t around and he wanted to hear my voice 

its def a compliment, she has a really beautiful voice 
      March 4, 2021 9:13 PM MST

March 4, 2021 9:27 PM MST

He has a very nice voice, pleasing to listen to. 
      March 5, 2021 12:20 PM MST

No one has ever said that to me. 
      March 5, 2021 3:45 PM MST