Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Have you ever been hungry but you didn't want to eat?

Have you ever been hungry but you didn't want to eat?

Posted - March 5, 2021

Responses

Yes sometimes I am getting hunger pangs but either I am too busy or . my mind is too busy occupied with something so I don't want to be interrupted by doing food.
      March 5, 2021 5:05 PM MST

Yes, that does happen.
      March 5, 2021 5:22 PM MST

Yes, more often than not.  I rarely want to eat.  If I don't force myself to eat, I won't - hungry or not.
      March 5, 2021 5:50 PM MST

Yes. I’ve also noticed that as I age, the list of many of the foods I once craved and/or once enjoyed immensely no longer occur to me, meaning that when I get hungry, it’s no longer for a particular food that I once used to enjoy. As such, I either eat just anything yet regret it later because it didn’t please my palate, or I just won’t eat anything at all. 
    ~

March 5, 2021 7:27 PM MST

And I thought it was just me.
      March 6, 2021 9:46 AM MST

I feel ya on the once craved foods, I am the same way.  I've been trying new foods and new recipes since beginning KETO.  I realize now,  I really limited myself in the past. I have actually thrown out or given away foods I used to love but don't anymore. 
      March 6, 2021 9:53 AM MST

Fresh out of the mental hospital I was like that.
      March 5, 2021 7:30 PM MST

eating disorder squad represent 
      March 5, 2021 7:30 PM MST

Sure.  Make me go to a buffet and I'll have a migraine onset....or any kind of potluck.  My community had a potluck pool party on Valentine day.......like I would consider that for .00057 second!
      March 6, 2021 1:23 AM MST

Do you prefer home cooked foods?
      March 6, 2021 9:54 AM MST

I prefer food I cook myself.  I will not eat food cooked in peoples' homes who I don't know and don't know how clean their homes are.  I will not eat at a buffet; it is nasty to have people breathing and sneezing on the food and everyone touching the serving pieces.  Seriously, it a soap box and I'm trying not to climb up to the top of it right now.  My daughter used to like to eat at a buffet place close to our house.  I just can hardly stomach it.  I finally asked the manager to make a plate of food for me back in the kitchen from what had not yet been brought out.  He did.  I also told him there should be gloves by the buffet for people to use when serving themselves.  That's when he looked at me like I was from another planet.  I was serious.
      March 7, 2021 9:52 PM MST

I totally get that and feel the same way. 
      March 8, 2021 2:58 AM MST