Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » Blocked traffic because you were driving too slowly, or operated a motor vehicle at a speed in excess to the legal limit.

Blocked traffic because you were driving too slowly, or operated a motor vehicle at a speed in excess to the legal limit.

Of the two activities above, which one have you done more times in your life?

~

Posted - March 8, 2021

Responses

Speeding. 
      March 8, 2021 5:37 PM MST

I drive a mustang GT V8, I am so guilty of speeding. :)
      March 8, 2021 7:36 PM MST

Well if you don't  speed a little in a Mustang GT V8 you might as well trade it in for some piece of crap made in Russia. Cheers!
      March 8, 2021 7:55 PM MST

About 3am driving home from work the streets were bare so I opened 'er up and was caught speeding.
      March 8, 2021 8:48 PM MST

I have been known to hit 85-90 on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
      March 8, 2021 9:23 PM MST

I was never accused of driving too slowly until I got into my 40s and could not drive on roads with a drop-off like a mountain road.  I stopped in the middle of the street in the Grand Canyon area once. I was frozen; could not breath. Caused a backup in traffic.   We were driving along and as I drove around a curve suddenly I could not move an inch. All I could see was sky and I froze.    I thought I would pass out.  Thank goodness my daughter was with me so she took over the driving while we were in that area.

I have many times traveled at speeds higher than posted limits.  I was cured of that when I went to law school.  Getting a ticket was a major thing for law students in my state.  Disregard for the law......that kind of thing....  I didn't get a ticket but some did and I did not want to go through the experience.  To this day I do not drive faster than four miles over posted mph.  And stop signs.....I come to a complete stop.  It's habit now. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at March 9, 2021 5:02 AM MST
      March 9, 2021 12:42 AM MST

(I was frozen; could not breathe.)

March 9, 2021 4:53 AM MST

Yes, that too.
      March 9, 2021 1:37 PM MST

(To this day, I do not drive faster than four miles over posted mph.  And stop signs.....I come to a complete stop.  It's habit now.)

You and I are alike in those respects.
      I learned the unwritten five-mile “rule” in my twenties: “most” police officers will not stop a driver and issue a citation for going between one to five miles over the speed limit, the key being the quotes on “rule” and “most”.  First of all, it’s not really a rule, and secondly, it’s not 100% applicable across the board. I adhere to it in most of my highway driving.
      I have always been adamantly religious about making a full stop at stop signs when I drive.
    ~

March 9, 2021 5:02 AM MST

I've had three speeding tickets in my life.  One of them was for going 62 in a 60.  I couldn't believe it. 
      March 9, 2021 1:36 PM MST

• I've had many tickets for excess speed.  Other traffic regulations are easy for me to obey.  The minimum compulsory speed on freeways in Buenos Aires is 65 km/h.  I've never had a ticket for driving too slow. 

Argentine drivers ignore most of the traffic regulations, but I've never seen them drive too slow in the left lane on a freeway.  That's something I've only seen drivers in the United States do.  I won't forget that.  The first time I visited the USA, I was in the car with Livvie and her husband.  We were in Wisconsin, and ahead of us there was a truck in the right lane and there was a car in the left lane.  The speed limit on the highway was 70 miles per hour, but both the truck in the right lane and the car in the left lane were moving at 65 miles per hour.

Livvie's husband's face became red.  He looked like he had a sunburn.  He was behind the car in the left lane.  He kept his finger on the horn until the car sped up to pass the truck.
      March 9, 2021 1:29 AM MST

lol.  When you drive into Mexico from the United States, Mexico has signs in English that say the left lane is for passing only.  They don’t have the same signs in Spanish, which tells you all you need to know about the American drivers.
      March 9, 2021 10:15 AM MST