Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » You get to choose a government job in your city/county. What would you choose?

You get to choose a government job in your city/county. What would you choose?

Posted - March 16, 2021

Responses

That's what I did. There is no official parks department photographer here! :)

Oh, come on! You never did donuts in a parking lot when you were 16? :)
      March 19, 2021 5:43 PM MDT

I assumed there was a photographer! Ha! :)

I can honestly say I have never, ever, done donuts anywhere, at any age. :)
    I never really had a deep desire to drive in the first place -- while growing up, I loved being in the car with my family and I'd often read books as we went on trips.

My parents had to sort of force me to drive places when I eventually was learning to drive. It took me three attempts to get my driver's license. After my second failed attempt, my permit expired and I had to start all over from scratch, ha! But, to my credit, my brother more than once said that he thought all of that "training" made me the best driver he knew. :)
      March 19, 2021 8:01 PM MDT

For the city, yes. I wouldn't want to have to take pictures of boring things like storm drains and parking lots. Although... I might be able to do donuts in the parking lots while I was there. ;)

I definitely had a wild side when I was young. Maybe I still do, just a bit. 

I couldn't wait to get my license, but I have a friend who was pretty much the same way. She only learned when she really had to out of necessity. She's not a very good driver, though. Riding with her scares the crap out of me! She's still pretty young, so I'm hoping she gets better with age and experience. 
      March 19, 2021 8:10 PM MDT

Ha, I loved reading all of that!  :)

I do admit I've become a pretty good driver. One of my more daredevil-driver friends finds my driving incredibly boring.

I would be a great photographer of storm drains - - I've worked in the city sewer department, too! Talk about a shi* job, ha. ( I actually really enjoyed that job.)
    :)
      March 19, 2021 8:18 PM MDT

Yay! 

Boring driving is safe driving! I do not enjoy daredevil driving at all. 

Hahaha! I'll bet you would find interesting creatures down there. If you believe my dog, anyway. She's obsessed with whatever she smells or hears down there that I can't smell or hear! :)
      March 19, 2021 8:26 PM MDT

Ha!
    :)
      March 19, 2021 8:58 PM MDT

I want to be my county’s official fixer of things that aren’t really broke.  The representatives from my state assembly district shouldn’t have all the fun coming up with solutions in search of problems and fixing things that aren’t broken.

I think I’ll start by renumbering all of the county highways.  They should be numbered in order like Interstates, US highways and state highways.

After that, I should change the color codes on the recycling bins just because I can.

This post was edited by Livvie at March 20, 2021 4:33 PM MDT
      March 19, 2021 8:17 PM MDT

Always with the desire to screw things up, I see.  Hmmmmm, this is going on your permanent record.
    ~

March 19, 2021 8:26 PM MDT

Time and motion study consultant, with power to hire and fire according to my findings.
      March 21, 2021 10:11 PM MDT