Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » During the 8 years of President Obama's administration I feared for his life. That wackos would take him out. They didn't. NOWADAYS?

During the 8 years of President Obama's administration I feared for his life. That wackos would take him out. They didn't. NOWADAYS?

I fear even more for President Biden and Vice-President Harris.

We know the enemy now. They are multitudinous wackos weaponized energized hatredized and just waiting for the right opportunity to murder assassinate lynch hang firing squad behead poisin drown blow up.

Millions of organized loud and proud RACISTS just waiting for another crack at putting FOOTOO back where he doesn't belong but they want him there forever anyway. Any day now.

You worried too or not at all?

All FOOTOO supporters of course are not weaponized to go out to assassinate. But they are all supporting whoever does it. That's just as good as being a murdering assassin for me. Gonna ask.

Posted - March 18, 2021

Responses

Yes, we do know the enemy now. He now sits in the White House undoing every good thing that this country gained. Piece by piece, with every stroke of his pen this enemy is trying to dismantle our Constitutional Republic. Here’s just a glimpse of the radical, demonic actions that Joe Biden is taking against our country.

Fund national and international abortions

Stop construction on the border wall

Block deportation and release illegal aliens into America

Rejoin the World Health Organization (WHO)

Commitment to rejoin Iran Deal

End Muslim travel ban

Force schools to allow transgenders to participate in girls sports

Reversing the transgender military ban

Re-enter Paris Climate Accords

Commitment to fast track DACA and give millions of illegals citizenship/amnesty

Infringement upon our Second Amendment rights

And after only 50 plus days into his presidency, Biden, in the eyes of many, and despite the fact that he is the first fake president, he has already gained the distinction of being the worse president in history.
      March 19, 2021 2:27 AM MDT

Grading Biden's first 50 days ac cording to Politico Nightly..

'Biden is riding fairly high at the moment and only a cruel grader would put him under an overall B+ grade'.
    Approval ratings at 53.7 average.

March 19, 2021 10:47 AM MDT

:):):)
      March 20, 2021 3:38 AM MDT

Which is better than Trump ever managed in the entirety of his term. Most of the things that rusure listed are positives.
    Stop construction on a pointless wall that was nothing more than a monument to the ego of a megalomaniac. Walls don't work, Israel proved that. More illegals fly in perfectly legally, then disappear into the community before their visas expire.

Rejoin the WHO, share medical knowhow with the world. Lots of medicine doesn't start in the US, Trump's isolationist idiocy was rending towards excluding the US from drugs and techniques devised elsewhere.

Commitment to rejoin a deal that permitted Iran to sell oil, while maintaining international overseers to prevent Iran's growing nuclear industry from diverting power radioactives to weapons. They have the stuff now, His Royal Orangeness's intransigence gave Iran no reason NOT to.

End a travel ban that achieved nothing other than to antagonise American Muslims. a 16-year-old Muslim kid who is suddenly made to feel unwelcome in his own country is two-thirds of the way to being radicalised, and given than the ban included green card holders (whose children arrived in the US as infants and have never seen themselves as anything other than Americans ...)

Reversing a transphobic ban on transgender people serving in the military. Nobody made trouble for Klinger. If a person has the guts and patriotism to serve, does it f**king matter if they wear a dress in their downtime?

Re-enter the Paris accords. Trump only withdrew because he refused to believe the science (he can't read). Chances are that most states were going to achieve the required results despite him, but re-committing to a national reduction in emissions is important. It's a global problem requiring a global solution.

Infringing Second Amendment "rights". Nobody is coming for your guns. (The second is an anachronism and should be repealed, America doesn't need an armed citizen militia any longer given that it now has the best equipped and financed standing army in the world, but that's not the issue here). Requiring meaningful background checks and registration of weapons won't hurt anybody.

This post was edited by Slartibartfast at March 20, 2021 6:49 PM MDT
      March 20, 2021 4:15 AM MDT

The 2nd amendment is not going anywhere. 

And the Dems are trying. They just past a bill in the House coming for my guns and my future guns. 
    Background checks do not stop criminals from buying guns. Criminals do not buy their guns legally. 
      March 20, 2021 6:49 AM MDT

Yes, that 2d Amendment is not going anywhere, despite what some gun owners/activists keep shouting.

I've literally heard for my entire adult life, "They're coming for our guns" - - and I've yet to hear of thousands of people not being able to get their guns if they want to get guns.
    Nor have I heard that anyone is coming into people's homes to take away their guns. Yet, they're still coming to get our guns.
    I tire of hearing that neverending accusation.

And no worries - - both law abiding citizens and criminals alike seem to be able to get their guns. (And I realize that we all need to be able to have every kind of extreme weaponry if we want it - - and if extreme and/or assault weapons are not available for me as a private citizen, then they're coming to take away all guns.)

And, thank heavens, the gun violence can continue. To hell with any lawmaker/s who would like to try to do something to stem the violence.

(I don't mean this a personal attack to you -- it's just my general tiredness of hearing the gun chant. I admit I'm no expert on the subject. And in some ways, I'm just spouting off. And, yes, I've heard the counter argument - - "Do we ban knives? They're coming for our knives." )

March 20, 2021 6:53 PM MDT

Make no mistake if they could get it passed they would regulate guns away. Only rich people would be able to have them. Just as it is now for a fully automatic weapon. 

The bill the House just passed is a pretty good swipe at it.  Thankfully, I do not think it will pass the Senate. Unless Dems change the rules which they claim they are willing to do.  

Personally, I know people who would fight before they turn in their guns.  I hope it never comes to it. 

Makes guns illegal does not disarm the criminals.  Just look at Chicago/NYC/CA and other cities and states with strick gun control laws. They also have high crime. 

You know in the UK they actually did ban knives. 

This post was edited by my2cents at March 21, 2021 5:59 PM MDT
      March 20, 2021 8:22 PM MDT

Nonsense, Jamie Oliver, Nigella Lawson and Gordon Ramsay couldn't do their jobs otherwise. They outlawed switchblades, stilettos and other types of knives whose sole function is as a concealable weapon. Which nobody but a gangster needs anyway.
      March 20, 2021 10:52 PM MDT

Did I say all knives? 
    No, I simply stated a fact that there are recent laws against knives. (Not the switchblades etc those t
    Have been illegal for decades)  This post was edited by my2cents at March 21, 2021 6:00 PM MDT
      March 21, 2021 5:58 AM MDT

We could go on and on and probably not really alter so much each other's thoughts. I've read this entire thread and I understand from where you and rusureamisure? are coming because, like I said, I've heard people say the same things (the details change) for my entire adult life, that they're all coming for our guns. I just don't buy it. After hearing "the same old same old," literally over and over, and, yet, still seeing everyone proudly bearing their arms (I live in a very politically conservative, gun-owning area), people have their guns.
      March 21, 2021 5:59 PM MDT

I am glad you understand our position. 

We believe because they say it. They do not hide it. (Not regular Dems in the world...I know pro-2nd amendment Dems)  But those with the power in Washington.  They come right out and say it. I would repeal the 2nd amendment. I would take all guns if I could. 

Obama in 2008:  talking to non supporters "I would you not support me? It cannot be guns. I DO NOT HAVE THE VOTES..."
    Robert ORorke (Beto) (last year): "Hell yes, we are going to take you AR15 and your AK47..."

Schumer (This year): You dont need an AR to hunt. You dont need more that 5 shells, and you need to register your guns.

They have passed the bill in the House. It will pass the Senate if they go nuclear. 

March 23, 2021 6:51 AM MDT

Okay.

I' m dropping out. Maybe even the site itself.

I see this is important to you. I don't know all of these details and I admit it's not important to me because I think people will continue to get all the guns they want. Regardless of bills passed or not passed, or accusations and threats from both political aisles, I believe nothing will keep people away from their guns,

Music is more important to me. Out of here.

Thank you for being kind in your replies.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 24, 2021 6:38 AM MDT
      March 23, 2021 7:52 PM MDT

Welby...you know we would all like you to stay.  I would certainly miss you. 
      March 24, 2021 6:41 AM MDT

EDIT: reply to my2cents' #9 reply to me

Thanks, my2cents.
    I was feeling pretty wound up, in general (not even related to answerMug), when posting in this thread. I'm surprised I didn't come back and delete that 'dropping out' reply up there. But I don't care, it's staying, ha. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 24, 2021 8:15 PM MDT
      March 24, 2021 5:57 PM MDT

Glad to hear. :)
      March 24, 2021 8:15 PM MDT

Some forms of regulation drives black market prices up exponentially (as happened in Australia), making it expensive to illegally acquire weapons. Too expensive to bother in most cases.
      March 20, 2021 10:05 PM MDT

That is what I just said is a goal.  They will use regulations to make it too expensive.
    You just proved my point.
    Thank you. 
      March 21, 2021 5:57 AM MDT

(That's not how I read his post.)
      March 21, 2021 6:00 PM MDT

I said they will use regulations to make gun ownership too expensive (only the rich will have guns)

The last part of his post: "Too expensive. to bother with in most cases."

It has happened in US with fully automatic firearms.  They are not illegal. You can get a $200 permit and pass an extensive background check.  But you have to have the at minimum $20,000 to purchase.
      March 23, 2021 6:59 AM MDT

That's not what I meant and I think you actually know that. I stated BLACK MARKET. Black market weapons are ruinously expensive in Australia, so few CRIMINALS can afford them.

Also the second specifically refers to a WELL-REGULATED MILITIA, ie the National Guard in this day and age. If you're not a guardsman, the 2nd doesn't apply to you anyway.

Gun advocates frequently reference Switzerland as an example of gun ownership. However, the Swiss have MANDATORY National Service, all school leavers have a "gap year" in the army. First thing boots are taught is the care and feeding of firearms, especially when NOT to use them. All gun owners in Switzerland are veterans. If the US restricted the ownership of military style weapons to citizens trained by the military, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
      March 23, 2021 6:07 PM MDT

That's how I read your reply, yes (regarding my reply up there)
      March 23, 2021 7:53 PM MDT

I read Slartibartfast's answer as he explains it himself in the first paragraph of his reply.
      March 23, 2021 7:55 PM MDT

Do you actually have any idea of why the 2nd Amendment was written? Your "The second is an anachronism and should be repealed comment was made because you are obviously ill-informed of American history. America doesn't need an armed citizen militia any longer? The Founders thought differently. Your standing army comment is also addressed by the Founders as found below. And yes, the anti-gunners and anti-freedom politicians "are" coming for our firearms. That's been addressed countless times and the anti-gunners aren't even trying to hide it any longer. Here's a little history for you. It's well worth the read because it may help people to realize what freedom means to American patriots.

“Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.” – William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

“The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.” – Thomas Jefferson, letter to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824

“A free people ought not only to be armed but disciplined…” – George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress, January 8, 1790

“The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” – Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

“What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.” – Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

“The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” – Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th-century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

“To disarm the people…s the most effectual way to enslave them.” – George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops.” – Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787

“The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country.” – James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434, June 8, 1789

“…the ultimate authority, wherever the derivative may be found, resides in the people alone…” – James Madison, Federalist No. 46, January 29, 1788

“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined…. The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun.” – Patrick Henry, Speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1778

March 21, 2021 8:34 AM MDT

Very good. :)
      March 21, 2021 8:45 AM MDT