Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Environment » Where Will Warmist Chicken Littles Find Work During the New Ice Age?

Where Will Warmist Chicken Littles Find Work During the New Ice Age?

I know. I know.  THESE scientists are wrong. Your source is not credible. You're a flat earther...yada yada. :-)

Earth faces another ICE AGE within 15 YEARS as Russian scientists discover Sun 'cooling'

CAUGHT ON TAPE: UN bans skeptical journalists from climate summit for holding views not ‘particularly helpful’

Posted - October 22, 2016

Responses

Let the usual attacks begin!

But this time, people, at least TRY to be original. :-)
      October 22, 2016 9:01 PM MDT

Why? I never sow any point in attacking a questioner. I will doubt their posts but will leave this one for you and others to have your fun inside. Enjoy your provocation and the replies it drops off on you... ;-)

October 23, 2016 3:17 AM MDT

Why Sapphic, what a sweet reply.  Awwww!  :-)
      October 23, 2016 3:27 AM MDT

I don't feel like playing your games today. Simple as that. ;-)
      October 23, 2016 3:45 AM MDT

OK, how 'bout now?  Can Sapphic come out to play? Pretty please?  :-D
      October 23, 2016 2:18 PM MDT

Noop. You're doing fine with the others. 
      October 23, 2016 2:19 PM MDT

But ... but... you're my favorite!

Manifold sniffs! :-(

;->
      October 23, 2016 2:22 PM MDT

Eh, false flattery doesn't bite on me. After all, my English understanding isn't even that of a seventh grader. ;-)
      October 23, 2016 2:30 PM MDT

Methinks you feign ignorance 'too much.'  I think your understanding of English is fine...much finer than you let on.
      October 23, 2016 2:39 PM MDT

Meh. Someone told me differently once. Me thinks you know them.
      October 23, 2016 2:44 PM MDT

Yep. I do.  I believe I told you that because I sensed you were using your unfamiliarity with English as a crutch or polemical shield.  I didn't say so at the time because I did not wish to be (thoroughly) unkind.  Believe it or not, yours is an adversary who has SOME scruples. :-)
      October 23, 2016 2:54 PM MDT

It could have been told in so many different ways if not to hurt. As so many following posts. They are in the past however. Sorry for me being childish and making use of the opportunity to rip it up again. I wish you a lovely rest of your Sunday.
      October 23, 2016 3:02 PM MDT

You, too, Sapphic.  Not that you'll care, but you're rapidly becoming my favorite frenemy. :-)
      October 23, 2016 3:03 PM MDT

;-)
      October 23, 2016 3:04 PM MDT

Oh for pete's sake.    Chicken Little was famous for crying "the sky is falling" when in actuality there was no sky falling.   Whether or not some hairbrained scientists think some global disaster is about to occur, is patently ridiculous.  I mean maybe they went for a stroll in Moscow and wound up in Siberia and think the climate is changing.   Not happening. 

Cluck cluck
      October 22, 2016 9:02 PM MDT

"Oh for pete's sake.    Chicken Little was famous for crying "the sky is falling" when in actuality there was no sky falling. "

Indeed he was, and indeed there wasn't. LOLOLOL!

Ahem, now that we've established that you understand the analogy, please explain WHICH hairbrained scientists are wrong? The ones who do not subscribe to climate change, or the ones who do not subscribe to the new ice age?  Both are 'global catastrophes, Sharonna. This post was edited by Transquesta at October 22, 2016 9:07 PM MDT
      October 22, 2016 9:06 PM MDT

There is little point in being "orignial" when it is the AGW Deniers who repeatedly put forth the same debunked carnards over and over and over again.

If you assert the Moon is made of green cheese, you are empirically wrong. The fact that others are not coming up with original ways to point out you are empirically wrong is NOT a measure of their correctness.

In this case:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2090123212001002

https://www.wired.com/2011/06/solar-minimum-climate/

http://www.skepticalscience.com/solar-activity-sunspots-global-warming.htm
      October 23, 2016 1:06 AM MDT

Uh, you do realize I subscribe to AGW, right? Prolly not to the same degree as many warmists, but I don't dispute the basic facts.

This post was edited by Just Asking at October 24, 2016 1:53 PM MDT
      October 23, 2016 2:34 AM MDT

Hello T:

I "BELIEVE" the scientists.  But, whether I believe them or not, I KNOW that fossil fuel IS finite.  Therefore, on its own, warming caused by fossil fuel will end. 

Given the above, there is opportunity galore in what's coming next.  It's NOT really a bad thing, of course.  Yes, there will be disruptions.  When we adopt new technology, there always are.   But, in the long run, we THRIVE when we go where no man has gone before.. 

We SHOULD invest everything we've got into it too.  Because if we DON'T, our dollars ain't gonna do us any good if we're FROZEN. 

Original enough for ya?

excon This post was edited by excon at October 23, 2016 9:53 AM MDT
      October 23, 2016 9:01 AM MDT

Hey there ex...
    Although we may not agree on all the different reasons we, as you put it " .... should invest everything we have into it too....", we definitely agree that we should.
    I get a bit frustrated when I hear how much "infrastructure spending"  the candidates propose because I know that money would just go to repairing existing methods. We are more concerned with how we can make our infrastructure handle more vehicle traffic than we are with trying to eliminate vehicle traffic and move forward to a more pedestrian based infrastructure, especially in our urban centers.
    Its not just a matter of reducing our "carbon footprint", I see it as matter of reducing our physical footprint as well. As populations continue to grow, more and more people will move to the cities. When you consider that an average city dedicates 40-50% of its space to the car, streets, parking etc..
    we are wasting enormous amounts of space. By eliminating the car from the urban center we can fit almost twice the people in the same space.
    With fossil based fuel for energy there are also huge wastes that come from other than the tailpipe of a car, there is the energy used in producing and distributing. Before we can burn it, first we have to find it, then we have to actually get it, through invasive means, then process it, then transport, then process it again, then store it and so on. What if a building could just produce and store its own energy. What if our urban centers produced zero waste.
    I see these new energy technologies as the wave of the future. We have to start investing seriously in them, not only for the benefits of a cleaner world, but for the economical benefits as well.

XX
      October 23, 2016 10:58 AM MDT

"I 'BELIEVE' the scientists."

Correct. In that regard your BELIEF in Peak Oil/Global warming is very similar to a religion.

"But, whether I believe them or not, I KNOW that fossil fuel IS finite."

Unless you're a geologist you 'know' nothing of the sort.  This, too, is a BELIEF based on what you've been told.  At least nobody will accuse you of being a heretic. :-)

"Original enough for ya?"

Yes.  Despite the fact that we don't agree about much, you manage to be both civil AND original. :-)

October 23, 2016 1:58 PM MDT

Hello again, T:

Nahh..  I know if you have stuff and you use it up, you're gonna run out..  Don't need no scientist to tell me that.

excon
      October 23, 2016 3:00 PM MDT

That would seem to be the case were we to rely on gut intuition. Fortunately, though, there's a competing theory:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenic_petroleum_origin

I'll not torture the issue by disputing/defending either theory. :-)
      October 23, 2016 3:06 PM MDT