Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Once upon a time in America the ENEMY used to be "the other". Japan. Germany. Today it is the ENEMY WITHIN. Isn't it?

Once upon a time in America the ENEMY used to be "the other". Japan. Germany. Today it is the ENEMY WITHIN. Isn't it?

Domestic VIOLENT white supremacist terrorist hate groups are the single greatest threat to America.

They will applaud the taking down of the country. They will dance on our graves. The vile the evil the trators.

A given? Sure as he** appears to be a given. Could I be wrong? I sure hope so.

Who or what will vanquish them? Anyone?

Posted - March 19, 2021

Responses

America has always had internal enemies.
    Pre-Revolution, there were multiple countries with colonies in "The New World" - and many of those nations were enemies.
    During the Revolution, many people wanted to remain colonials.
    Even after becoming an established nation, there were fighting "squabbles" between states - the Civil War being the most obvious.
    After the Civil War, the internal strife continued with discrimination against many groups at various times.
    Blacks, Chinese, Irish, Indigenous ... to name the most obvious.
    When the federal government attempts to counter that discrimination, it becomes the enemy of those doing the discrimination.
      March 19, 2021 6:32 AM MDT

That may well be true Walt. But I am living NOW. What went on before or will come after has nothing to do with me. And this environment of HATE groups and RACIST BIGOTRY and INSURRECTIONING and sucking up to a corrupt vile evil wicked traitor is what surrounds us NOW. We are no better now than we were before. Just a different set of ENEMIES. Where's the progress in that? Where is the growth? What a crock! SIGH. Thank you for your reply. So far so good with you and your family? :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 19, 2021 6:37 AM MDT
      March 19, 2021 6:36 AM MDT

The only "cure" for bigotry is education.
    Unless bigotry is declared "child abuse" of some sort - allowing children to be taken out of those homes - they will learn bigotry at home.
    So the only remedy is to ensure the education system also addresses the issue.
      March 19, 2021 6:39 AM MDT

You know what shocked me Walt? So many ex-military and ex-cops were insurrectioning on January 6! Many of them belong to HATE groups wanting to destroy the country they once were willing to lose their lives to protect/defend. That question needs to be asked so I will. Thank you for your reply m'dear! :).
      March 19, 2021 6:49 AM MDT