Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Long ago there was a SCIFI movie about a human being trapped in an electronic game. Have you ever WHAT IFFED THIS?

Long ago there was a SCIFI movie about a human being trapped in an electronic game. Have you ever WHAT IFFED THIS?

WHAT IF everyone addicted to his/her smart phone got trapped within its inner workings? Life as a smart phone. Would that be your cuppa tea? Then you would never have to put it down. You and it would become one and be forever together 24/7. Your idea of heaven?

Posted - March 19, 2021

Responses

I've mentioned before that there's a scientific theory that our reality is actually a computer simulation.
    I've heard recently that quantum physics prove there is somebody observing everything.  
    Some claim this is evidence of god.  But it could just as easily be evidence we are in a computer simulation.

Of course, I've wondered ... IF that is true, could we use "cheat codes" to manipulate our reality?
    If someone figured out how - they would seem to be using magic, to everyone not "in the know".

I don't know if being trapped in my smart phone would be my thing.
    I guess it would depend on if I could use it to experience the internet.  Like, virtually go places I'd never be able to "in real life".
      March 19, 2021 6:25 AM MDT

You already are. You're here in Hemet California right now every time we chat. I have pals in Canada and Australia and the U.K. and New York and Ohio and I know you do too. You are there then. So we already travel all over the world via the internet connection. But we live outside of it. What if we were trapped inside? Can you imagine that?

I'm with you. Being of an open mind not ruling out anything. I think it's the only way to live a life. If you close off all possibilities and stick to only one it might be "safer" intellectually but is it really living?

Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      March 19, 2021 6:31 AM MDT

Social exchanges are one thing, but I think we are becoming trapped by dependence mainly to suit business interests.

We also all know of the Russian Federation exploiting the growing entrapment by its cyber attacks and on-line propaganda campaigns on many countries, but the People' Republic of China is thought to be going further still.

It is already known for activities like those of the RF, even blaming Covid on a military laboratory in the USA, and trying to interfere in the Scottish independence debate in Britain,  Now though it is showing signs of developing a new Internet base-system that could allow far greater Governmental surveillance of users and control of contents. It has its domestic uses for it, but also knows it would find plenty of Governments to buy it or have it as part of a dodgy "aid package".

All those who do allow themselves to be trapped into being walking extensions to their Internet connections, are God's Gift as much to Russia and China as they are to Google and Amazon. 
      March 21, 2021 4:55 PM MDT