Active Now

Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I just wanna die with my boots on so to speak. In my Happy Place. My kitchen. Cooking a meal I'm hungry for. Nothing more. Selfish?

I just wanna die with my boots on so to speak. In my Happy Place. My kitchen. Cooking a meal I'm hungry for. Nothing more. Selfish?

Posted - March 19, 2021

Responses

I don't think it's selfish to wish for a specific way to die.
    If it were, all of us are selfish.  I mean, who wants to die being tortured?  Or burning to death?  Or drowning?

Personally - I would prefer to die in my sleep.  But anything quick and painless will do.
      March 19, 2021 2:49 PM MDT

That's exactly how my dad passed Walt. He worked a night shift and every afternoon he'd take a nap. My then 14-year-old sister came home from school and saw daddy asleep and thought nothing of it. She went to the library. Mom came home from work and saw daddy "sleeping". She called my uncle who lived two blocks away who came over. When I got home from work my then-husband told me that we were going to my folks house. He looked very grim. He wouldn't tell why but I got it out of him before we arrived. We lived about 30 miles away. Well we arrived. Daddy was still there peacefully "sleeping". With a smile on his face. I kid you not. He looked so relaxed and happy. I've thought that must be how good people die...peacefuly painlessly in their sleep. So that would definitely be my second choice. SIGH. It's funny. I was 23 and 60 years later I can remember very clearly daddy "asleep" and smiling. Thank you for your reply m'dear. May it be a long time away for you but when you go let it be that way! :)
      March 20, 2021 2:44 AM MDT

I want to die sleeping peacefully like my grandfather did. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car ...
      March 20, 2021 3:27 AM MDT

Hashahahahahahahahaha! Oh c'mon you made that up! But it's so darn funny R!  Where does that stuff come from? I mean how can you take a serious thing like how you want to die and make it be so hysterically funny?. Even worse I am visualizing it. Gramps calm and cool and relaxed as he is veering toward his death with everyone else screaming bloody murder. A Monty Python scene if I ever saw one! Like THE BLACK KNIGHT. Oblivious to his circumstance he fights on! Thank you for your reply. I do hope your passing is painless and peaceful many many many decades from now.
      March 21, 2021 3:06 AM MDT

It's an old joke, I first heard it from Australian comedian Maurice Fields at least thirty years ago and I don't think it's his joke either.

I want it to be quick. My mother suffered a slow death from cancer, for the last month of it she was unable to speak - torture for a chatterbox like her, it's where I get it from. A free spirit trapped inside a ruined body, the last thing I ever said to her was to let go, stop fighting and go to the loved ones on the other side.
      March 23, 2021 6:31 PM MDT

it may be old but it is new to me m'dear. Condolences on how your mom passed. It must be terrible watching a loved one suffer like that. about that trapped spirit. my left hand is bum because I hurt it bigly yesterday. But here I am limping handwise and kinda in pain anyway. It's short term and will get better. But what about those whose entire lives are spent trapped? I think of Helen Keller. Look what she overcame? Her spirit fought its way out and I know she is not the only one. How easily we take things for granted until we lose them...temporarily or permanently. Thanks R.
      March 24, 2021 3:49 AM MDT

Not selfish at all. Hell...I want to die with a big smile on my face...that's all I'll say about that.
      March 20, 2021 3:15 PM MDT

Of course the imagining is on me to fill in the blanks. Well THE BLANK. And so you will. And so you should! And so you shall. A long long time ahead before you're dead!.  Thank you for your reply E! :)
      March 21, 2021 3:09 AM MDT