Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The day after a gun-related massacre is a GREAT DAY FOR GUN SALES to SOAR. Did you buy MORE?

The day after a gun-related massacre is a GREAT DAY FOR GUN SALES to SOAR. Did you buy MORE?

Posted - March 23, 2021

Responses

Nope - got more than I can carry at once, currently.

Handgun
    Rifle
    Crossbow
    2 blowguns
    Air rifle

Not to mention numerous throwing weapons (axes, knifes, shuriken), a couple swords, daggers, collapsible baton, and collapsible staff.

I should get a duster / trench coat to carry it all.  In black, of course. lol
      March 24, 2021 1:51 PM MDT

You are teasing me or you are serious or you are both at once. One of those is what this is m'dear. You don't have the personality or character as far as I can tell to use those to harm anyone unless you are threatened or you are protecting a loved one. Say you're serious Do you have a WEAPONS room? Are you a hunter? Isn't a crossbow very difficult to maneuver unless you are built like a SUMO wrestler? Are you? Air rifle? What is that? Aren't ALL gun thingies air because the bullets sail through it to get to the target? A collapsible baton and collapsible staff? A la James Bond? What is a shuriken? I've seen carpenters wearing belts on which they carry all their tools. I expect you'd need to walk on stilts if you did that being as how swords are very long and you don't want them dragging on the ground getting dirty. See the tempest you created? So? Inquiring minds wanna know. Thank you for your reply Walt. Whether fact or fancy fantasy it caused me to think about what you said. How many homo saps have a WEAPONS ROOM? I shall ask. Happy Thursday! :)
      March 25, 2021 3:10 AM MDT

Yep, both.  Serious and teasing.
    I do own all those weapons.

An "air rifle" or "air pistol" uses compressed air to fire the ammunition.
    A "BB gun" is a type of air rifle/pistol ... though generally not as serious as an "air pistol/rifle" or "pellet pistol/rifle", which are usually designed for hunting.

Crossbows tend to require more arm/chest strength than a regular bow, but you don't have to be "muscle bound" to use one.

A collapsible baton are like those modern "police sticks" the police use.
    They store about 7-8 inches ... then expand to about 3 times that, for use.
    A collapsible staff is the same idea - but larger.  Like a quarterstaff.

Shuriken is also known as a "throwing star".  Made famous in America by Japanese movies.  

Swords do not have to be long.  You're probably thinking of claymores or greatswords, which require 2 hands to yield.
    The ones I own are slightly larger than a machete.

I do not have a weapons room.  I prefer having them within reach, if they are needed.
      March 25, 2021 1:07 PM MDT

Throwing star? A James Bond movie had a villain named ODDJOB who threw his hat at things like necks he wanted sliced off. Was that a shuriken? You want everything within reach but where do you house them/store them? In the living room the family room the garage? You keep them SOMEWHERE don't you? How can they ALL be close at hand all the time? When I think of sword I think of SWASHBUCKLER movies! The Three Musketeers! A little sword is a knife isn't it? Does size count? At what size does a knife become a sword? The only weapons we have are kitchen knives and flashlights. No guns no swords no shurikens. We are peaceful people. You are too or at least that is what I have perceived yet you are surrounded by weapons of all sorts. I know. You can't judge a book by its cover Walt. Were you always a weapons person? Ever go to a shooting range to target practice? Ever shoot skeet? I just cracked myself up. I know they are clay thingies people "shoot" after they yell PULL! I don't get the point of it personally. But that's not unusual. I miss the point of lots of stuff but I manage ok. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and also informative. None of my business I know but do you always leave the house with a weapon on you? Ever have to use one of your weapons for any reason? :)
      March 26, 2021 3:02 AM MDT

There used to be shooting demonstrations, by firearms manufacturers.
    They are pretty interesting to read about, IMO.

Skeet shooting, besides a competition in it's own right, is good target practice for hunters of birds.
    The skeet represent the difficulty of shooting a bird taking flight, with a shotgun.  (or any firearm, for that matter)

Here's some examples of shuriken:

I'm not sure if there is an official length, where a sword becomes a knife.
    The Roman gladius is a "short sword" with a blade about 29-33 inches.
    A Bowie knife has a blade between 8 and 12 inches.
      March 26, 2021 9:35 AM MDT

The Shuriken are BEAUTIFUL Walt! Seriously beautiful. Mounted on the wall they would be awesome. Are they YOURS? I did enjoy Annie Oakley movies but mostly it was about a dame being as good as a guy at something or better back in the day! Thanks for showing me what they look like! :)
      March 26, 2021 9:59 AM MDT

Nope, not mine.  Just a picture I found online.
      March 26, 2021 12:50 PM MDT

How many shuriken do you own and does yours look like any of the ones you showed me? Thank you for your reply Watl! :)
      March 27, 2021 9:40 AM MDT

I have 4 or 5 ... I can't remember where I put them, so aren't sure of the exact number.  LOL
    They look similar to the design in the upper right corner of the photo.

Meanwhile ... I went to a local gun/knife show last Saturday (3/27).
    Bought myself a warhammer with part of my federal stimulus money.
      March 30, 2021 12:42 PM MDT

Okay Walt so what's a WARHAMMER? Anything like a hammer hammer? Oh that just reminded me of something. I think this is what it is. "If you are a hammer everything you see is a nail". Did I get that right? Doesn't sound right. Anyway I have used a hammer once or twice in my life to pound a nail into something. But a WARHAMMER? It sounds like something I wouldn't know what to do with. What do you do with it? Thank you for your reply Walt and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :)
      April 1, 2021 4:00 AM MDT

A warhammer is a weapon with a hammer head on one side ... but instead of a side to pull nails, it has another hammer head or a spike.  It gives the wielder the person of causing blunt or piercing damage, depending on which side they hit with.  It is generally 1-handed, so you can hold a shield in the other hand.

When fighting armored foes, you mainly use it against their helm.
    Think of someone with a steel bucket on their head ... and hitting that bucket with a hammer until is squishes their head.  Or driving the spike through the bucket.
      April 1, 2021 12:23 PM MDT

"...squishes their head." Oy vey. Kinda like a mace? Makes for a great meat tenderizer I bet. Thank you for your reply and the explanation Walt. So you have one. You bought it March 27 and today is April 2. Have you tried it out yet? Gonna? Happy Friday to thee and thine! :)
      April 2, 2021 3:23 AM MDT

I haven't tried it yet ... but if not sooner, I will use it to greet the Great Pumpkin.  :)
      April 5, 2021 1:47 PM MDT

Did Charles Schulz ever actually let us see THE GREAT PUMPKIN? Or did he only allude to it? Did I ever tell you that Jim and I visited the Charles Schulz museum in Santa Rosa, California and also the Snoopy gift shop and the ice skating rink and diner? A couple of decades ago when our sadly paseds on son David and his family lived in Oregon we stopped in Santa Rosa to spend the night on our way up north to visit them. The next day we visited those cherished places before we continued on our way. I do wish Schulz had let Lucy hold the ball just once and let Charlie Brown actually kick it. Such was not to be. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thee and thine Walt! :)
      April 6, 2021 3:00 AM MDT

Never mind the ball, he should have kicked Lucy. In the butt.
      April 6, 2021 4:37 PM MDT

Hahahahahahahaha! AS IF! Mild kind sweet Charlie Brown? That would have been a magnificent denouement if Charles Schulz ever planned to stop drawing PEANUTS wouldn't it? Thank you for your reply R! I wonder if wherever Mr. Schulz is he WISHES he had let Charlie do that? :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 7, 2021 2:44 AM MDT
      April 7, 2021 2:44 AM MDT

Nope.  
    Best salesmen for firearms is the Dem lawmakers threatening to pass more laws. 
      March 24, 2021 4:57 PM MDT

March 24, 2021 5:06 PM MDT

Isn't there an increase in gun sales every election?
    It sure seems that way, anyhow.
      March 26, 2021 12:55 PM MDT

Likely.  The anti-gun rhetoric goes up during campaign season as well. 
      March 26, 2021 3:10 PM MDT

:):):)
      April 2, 2021 3:24 AM MDT

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
      April 1, 2021 4:01 AM MDT

If lawmakers threaten to make guns illegal. People who want those guns will buy them before it can happen. 
      April 7, 2021 5:50 AM MDT

I got rid of my hunting rifle in the aftermath of Port Arthur. I rarely hunted by then anyway. Only gun I ever owned.
      March 30, 2021 5:42 PM MDT