Active Now

Malizz
Thebigd
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is what you have today more or less than what you had in the long ago "back in the day"? Better/worse/a draw?

Is what you have today more or less than what you had in the long ago "back in the day"? Better/worse/a draw?

Posted - March 25, 2021

Responses

More.
      March 25, 2021 7:19 AM MDT

Is "more" always better? Thank you for your reply m2c! :)
      March 26, 2021 4:14 AM MDT

Yes.  You are assuming that "more" only applies to material things.

More is more family, more love, more time...yes more material things as well.

Material things do not neccessarily mean better...but it is less stressful than struggling without things that you need. 

March 26, 2021 5:55 AM MDT

Material things...more, although I care little for them now.
    Energy and desire...less.
      March 25, 2021 12:20 PM MDT

Well we have all the material things we NEED and some we WANT but we are not "well off" so that we could have/buy whatever we want. But with regard to energy and desire and I have more of both and it's growing. Energy and desire to LEARN and KNOW. Illogic drives me nuts! Now I will give you this. Sometimes something may seem to be illogical to me and it isn't. I just am unable to grasp it or comprehend it. But mostly I know if something makes sense or doesn't and I cannot abide people passing off NONSENSE as if it were the HOLY GRAIL. I may not KNOW what is but I sure as heck know what isn't within my wheelhouse and as you may have noted I SAY SO! Kind people will often take time to EXPLAIN what I don't understand. That is why I show up every day. A student I am and a student I shall always be but now I have more time to focus on things that are of interest to me. Retired. Grown kids. Enough income to take care of us with a little bit of luck. No major health issues. No having others depend on me except for Jim on whom I depend. That's it. Free to spend time wherever I want however I want whenever I want. A luxury! Thank you for your reply E! :)
      March 26, 2021 4:21 AM MDT

I have actually lost interest in most of the things I used to follow. Anything that doesn't personally affect me is irrelevant. Coming here is my new addiction.
      March 26, 2021 12:27 PM MDT

The same thing here.
      March 26, 2021 12:28 PM MDT

If true how SAD is that? Condolences for the loss of the person you used to be and I hope futurely you will find him again! No disrespect or smart alecky intended. I MEAN IT! :)
      March 27, 2021 11:13 AM MDT

We're all stuck at home E. Not the way it used to be. I have my kitchen and cooking, the internet and TV. Mostly my entire world these days. Know why? BECAUSE WE ARE TRYING OUR BEST TO COMPLY! But I disagree about not being affected by anything that doesn't impact you personally. You can't possibly be that cold or uncaring.  Massacres? That doesn't touch you and sadden you? Thank you for your reply. I don't believe you are as tough as you pretend to be. Apologies. :)
      March 27, 2021 11:11 AM MDT

You are correct, I do care and sympathize about those victims of the massacres etc. It isn't toughness, though...it is numbness.
      March 27, 2021 1:12 PM MDT

I can relate to that. So much bad "stuff" going on all the time in so many places. For me I sometimes revert to stoic which is not my nature but it gets me through things. It's a temporary thing. Thank you for your reply E and Happy Sunday to thee and thine! :)
      March 28, 2021 2:01 AM MDT

• It's about the same. My life hasn't changed much over the years in many ways. 
      March 25, 2021 12:32 PM MDT

So your life has been fairly stable then? I think that's a good thing. Some folks have lives with huge ups and downs. Of course the ups are divine but the downs? Not so much. Thank you for your reply NB and Happy Friday to thee and thine! :)
      March 26, 2021 4:13 AM MDT