Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » It is now a CRIME to offer water to those standing in line to vote in Georgia! What a wondrously brilliant idea that is. Deserves an AWARD?

It is now a CRIME to offer water to those standing in line to vote in Georgia! What a wondrously brilliant idea that is. Deserves an AWARD?

Posted - March 26, 2021

Responses

Most states just say no gifts. GA made it specific nothing free to voters in line.  Up to and including free food and water. 

Evidently political groups were campaigning with free food and water while people were in line. 

Personally I think they should have more polling stations if people are waiting an excessive amount of time. 
      March 26, 2021 6:16 AM MDT

Good point about having more polling stations.
      March 26, 2021 5:32 PM MDT

I don't buy their excuse about it was because political groups were campaigning with free food and water. I think it was all part of the diabolical plan to suppress voters  that  would likely vote blue. Cheers and happy weekend!  
      March 26, 2021 10:07 AM MDT

How much more DISGUSTING can so-called amurricans be than that? Keep your eye on the GOP FOOTOO VOODOO HOODOO. It  plans to take EVERYTHING OF VALUE DOWN and replace it with the FOOTOO VIEW. No kidding! I hope you know how lucky you are that you never had a FOOTOO. Or did you? Ever had such a queerly peculiar nutjob run your country as we have? AARRGGHH! Thank you for your reply m'dear! :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 27, 2021 11:23 AM MDT
      March 27, 2021 11:22 AM MDT

As I posted in another of your questions, rewarding people for voting has been illegal since 1948, and it’s not hard to see why: Offering cash or goods in exchange for ballots would be a pretty clear violation of our free Republic.

According to Title 18, U.S. code 597, offering food and beverages would be illegal.

It falls under expenditures to influence voting.

The keyword is in expenditures, which can represent money, food, gifts, or anything that encourages people to vote.

It says in part, “whoever makes or offers to make an expenditure to any person, either to vote or withhold his vote or to vote for or against any candidate … shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.”

I might add to this, this law applies to all people from both political parties.
      March 26, 2021 5:31 PM MDT