Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Allegedly 82.2% of Ireland is white. Don't know what percent it was back when the "lace curtain" Irish were reviled and rejected. Do you?

Allegedly 82.2% of Ireland is white. Don't know what percent it was back when the "lace curtain" Irish were reviled and rejected. Do you?

I expect it is the FATE of each new wave of immigrants to be rejected attacked insulted demeaned.

Just exactly like when you go from grammar school to the next level.

You are a "SCRUB" and lower than dirt and the "older" kids mock you and target you.

Human nature? Why? Why not a helping hand instead of a smack in the face figuratively?

At their core are humans decent or indecent? Kind or unkind? Whatcha think? What have YOU experienced from other humans. Are you bright white or do you have some kind of "defective" part because you are not a bright white? If you don't have a clue what I'm talking about never mind. Stay uninvolved unconcerned uninformed uncaring unattached. You'll be happier.

Posted - March 27, 2021

Responses

Why assume that the Irish are racists? 

Again there are...and have been for many years people of every race in every country.
      March 27, 2021 6:09 AM MDT

Back in the 19th Century it would have been 100% white. Peaceful, large-scale immigration into Ireland is a very recent phenomenon - there was hardly any before the 1990s. Today, the Republic of Ireland has one of the largest immigrant populations in Europe, pro rata. Most of the new arrivals are from other European Union countries, especially Poland and the Baltic states. So Ireland is probably still a lot whiter than most of north-western Europe. The very high tolerance of immigration may be explained partly by the fact that it's a sparsely-populated country so people don't feel they are competing with immigrants for land or other scarce resources.
      March 28, 2021 1:58 AM MDT

Hi Rev! Thank you for your very helpful and information-filled reply. I appreciate it. Hope all is well with you and yours. Happy Sunday to thee and thine! I think every group is reviled by some at times. I doubt that any people have escaped it. Why that is I don't have a clue! :)
      March 28, 2021 2:04 AM MDT