Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you experiencing weatherweird where you live so far this year?

Are you experiencing weatherweird where you live so far this year?

Hemet, California most definitely is.

"In Hemet during April the average daily temperature increases from 73 degrees to 78 degrees."

Forecast for Thursday, April 1 (no fooling)?   88 degrees.

So are you or have you experienced any weathweird where you live?

Posted - March 29, 2021

Responses

Pretty normal here. We had one really nice day then back to cooler spring days. 
      March 29, 2021 6:08 AM MDT

I don't know if the coasts experience more weatherweird than inland states. I don't know in what state you live so that is just a standard comment. I'll ask. Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Monday to thee and thine! :)
      March 29, 2021 6:12 AM MDT

I dont know how the oceans effect the temps either.  
    I am in MO. I thought you knew that. 
      March 29, 2021 6:28 AM MDT

Oh? Well sweetie if you told me I forgot. Getting old ain't for wimps. So you are inland though probably not too far from lakes or rivers or ponds. Maybe someone who  knows will be kind enough to share the info! Thank you for your reply. Is it Missouri that is the SHOW ME state? This post was edited by RosieG at March 29, 2021 6:33 AM MDT
      March 29, 2021 6:31 AM MDT

Yes. I live close to a lake and a couple hours drive to a river we love to float down (intertube not canoe)
    Missouri is The Show Me state. 
      March 29, 2021 6:34 AM MDT

So I also wonder what impact living "close" to a lake or several hours from a river might do to influence the weather? Maybe nothing at all. I hope the river is very slow and relatively shallow. Floating down anywhere in an inner tube is brave to me and I can't see me doing it! Thank you for your reply m2c :)
      March 29, 2021 6:40 AM MDT

Is it not white water but has a nice strong current to keep you moving. Most of it like 4-10ft which good. Get to shallow and the water gets fast and there are more obstacles.  Main thing is to look ahead to make sure you do not float over a log just under the surface. :)
    We used to own a lot right on the river but sold it. We were there every weekend in the summer. We moved too far away to keep up with it. It was the only thing we missed when we moved. This post was edited by my2cents at March 29, 2021 6:51 AM MDT
      March 29, 2021 6:49 AM MDT

Were mosquitos ever a problem when you lived on the river? I know they are in ponds where fresh water isn't always recycling through. My grandparents had a summer home near a lake in Michigan. They were about a ten minute walk from it. It was really nifty. It didn't take too long to get there from where we lived as I recall. Our son and daughter-in-law who live in Fernley, Nevada go camping all the time and they have a river and lakes around them. They have a small motorhome. They LOVE it. They're about 30 miles from Reno so they don't have to drive far to go into the BIG CITY for entertainment. There is a lot going on all the time in Reno besides gambling. My sis and brother in law live in Carson City, Nevada the capital and they have tons of nifty stuff to do there too. Gambling isn't the main thing going on except for tourists. The locals keep busy having all kinds of things to occupy them. Thank you for your reply m2c! :)
      March 29, 2021 6:56 AM MDT

Very cool. Sounds like they got the best spot. Always good when you close enough to the city to get something you need but far enough you can get away from it all.
      March 29, 2021 7:05 AM MDT

I know. Their location is ideal for stuff like that! Me? I'm a stay at homer basically. Happy here! Thank you for your reply m2c! :)
      March 29, 2021 7:18 AM MDT

The weather here in Michigan has been and is pretty normal for this time of year. Being surrounded by huge bodies of water, the weather can change in a hurry sometimes, but it's still normal for us. :)
      March 29, 2021 7:13 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply ru and Happy Monday to you and yours. I was born in Highland Park, Michigan, a suburb of Detroit and moved to California when I was 3. My grandfather had a shop called Paris Woodworks on Woodward Avenue. He was an artist in wood. He did marquetry and built furniture for local hotels. My grandmother would do the needlework for seat coverings. That's 80 years ago! :)
      March 29, 2021 7:22 AM MDT