Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Here's the theory of how the virus started and became transmitted. I think it is disgusting. The "wet market" part. Do you too?

Here's the theory of how the virus started and became transmitted. I think it is disgusting. The "wet market" part. Do you too?

Phase One
A bat transmits the virus into a wildlife farm

Phase Two
The animals raised on that farm are shipped to a WET market and contaminate the people who touch them or kill them

A WET MARKET is a large collection of open air stalls selling fresh seafood meats fruits and vegetables.  Some of those wet markets sell and SLAY the animals on the site which they then sell to customers.

The people go home and spread the virus. The people travel and the virus travels with them.

All of this from the bite of a bat.

Posted - March 29, 2021

Responses

Hi Rosie
    There is a theory that the intermediate host between bats and humans was the pangolin (or scaly anteater), which is native to Africa but, sadly,  is illegally caught and smuggled into China and Vietnam in large quantities where its meat is a luxury food item and other body parts are used in traditional medecine. Some have cast doubt on the pangolin being the link because the coronavirus variant discovered in the pangolin isn't similar enough to the variant that infects humans. However, it is agreed that wet markets are a serious health risk, giving viruses the opportunity to jump the species barrier, and that they have been responsible for a number of outbreaks of bird flu in humans. 
      March 29, 2021 4:02 PM MDT

Hi there m'dear! Pangolin sounds like mandolin...harmless and innocuous. Never heard of it before so thank you for that! Of course I've heard of anteater and even seen photos of them. Luxury food item? Oy! But they don't fly right? So they'd have to bite on the ground not from the air. Which is neither here not there I guess. I LOVE farmer's markets. I always have. But I have never been to one where live animals were butchered on site and purchased. The ones I've been to are all about fruits and veggies and jams and nuts and that sort of thing. This particular virus is so very clever mutating and producing variants faster than scientists can keep up with them. A 4th wave/spike/surge is expected/predicted in the US. It's happened in some European Countries where they are in lockdown AGAIN. You and your family are doing fine I hope. Thank you for your informative reply Rev and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! STAY SAFE! :)
      March 30, 2021 1:54 AM MDT

That's how AIDS got into the human population. It wasn't from some sicko having sex with a monkey, but from the revolting bush meat trade. Blood from an infected simian got into a cut or sore on a hunter's or buyer's hand.
      March 30, 2021 2:40 AM MDT