Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I think if you revenge retaliate vendetta against the innocent for what was done to you by abusers you are INSANE! Don't you?

I think if you revenge retaliate vendetta against the innocent for what was done to you by abusers you are INSANE! Don't you?

Posted - March 29, 2021

Responses

Those who attack the innocent for something someone else did to them may very well be insane. If they are or aren't insane they still need to be dealt with as soon as possible. This post was edited by rusureamisure? at March 30, 2021 5:07 AM MDT
      March 29, 2021 12:57 PM MDT

I don't know if it is still a huge problem but in California at one time there were problems in high schools between different ethnic groups. It never made any sense to me because the groups were usually minorities who had been maligned and disrespected and so they KNEW what that was like. Why would they perpetuate anything they had suffered from? I just don't get it. SIGH. Thank you for your reply ru! :)
      March 30, 2021 3:18 AM MDT

I agree. A lot of what's going on today doesn't make any sense. Why would they perpetuate anything they suffered from? Good question. Maybe out of a sense of duty to their ethnic background or out of a sense of revenge. Or they may feel the need to mete out their own brand of justice just because they can or out of hatred for themselves being born. Who knows.

A prime example of what you are talking about is the 1967 riot that took place here in Michigan, in Detroit, and the surrounding areas. The people rioted, supposedly, in protest of the assassination of Martin Luther King. And apparently not only for his death but for the racial injustices and discrimination they had and were experiencing. So what do they do? Perform the same injustices and discrimination, in a violent manner, against the innocent, black and white.

The real injustice here is that in the riot of 1967, 43 people were killed/murdered. Ten whites and thirty-three blacks. Not to mention the extensive property damage that was caused and all for what? Nothing. It just showcased how quickly the mob mentality can stoke the fires of hatred and rage against anyone or anything that gets in their way.
      March 30, 2021 8:13 AM MDT

That happened long after we left Highland Park. We moved in 1940 to California. My uncle was a Detroit cop so I'm sure he saw a lot. But he never once ever talked about it. When he moved to California he became an insurance adjuster. No taste for more life as a cop. I think he had his fill of it. There's always so much more I don't understand than I do. It is very frustrating but I keep asking questions. One day I hope to run out. It's annoying! Thank you for your reply ru! :)
      April 1, 2021 8:20 AM MDT

Yes. We should only blame people for their actions.  
      March 30, 2021 5:10 AM MDT

I agree whole-heartedly. :)
      March 30, 2021 6:56 AM MDT

whole-heartedly wholeheartedly
      March 30, 2021 7:08 AM MDT

Yup, I missed that one. Thanks. :)
      March 30, 2021 8:14 AM MDT