Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Music » Have you heard the latest song by ABBA that's actually not by ABBA?

Have you heard the latest song by ABBA that's actually not by ABBA?

In case you have come across, on the site, my temporary irritation with Lauren Daigle trying to sound like Adele with her "You Say" (I've since gotten over my irritation and I like her singing) --

it happened again for me --

Here is Ava Max doing a great imitation of ABBA with her "Kings and Queens."   And I do like this song quite a bit. Question posted in fun.

:)

Posted - March 29, 2021

Responses

• I've heard Kings & Queens by Ava Max.  It's a good song.  I also love ABBA.  I'm also a metalhead, so I absolutely love heavy metal versions of ABBA songs as well as the original versions from ABBA.
      March 29, 2021 10:51 PM MDT

Are there heavy metal versions of ABBA songs? That'd be cool for me to hear. I'm open to pretty much anything (But I admit that even now, when I hear the "You Say" I still sometimes forget who is singing it -- Daigle or Adele, ha --
    And I I like Weezer but I get irritated with their cover of Toto's "Africa" simply because, to me, it sounds SO much like Toto's original. If I want to hear Toto sing it, I'll listen to Toto, ha.) 

Be Well
    :)
      March 30, 2021 6:34 AM MDT

• Here is Therion's version of Summer Night City:

I love Amberian Dawn's version of Lay All Your Love on Me.

I think this is the best cover of SOS:

Tommy Reinxeed made an album of ABBA covers.  He also has covers of songs by Roxette in Swedish Hitz Goes Metal.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 3, 2021 6:06 AM MDT
      March 30, 2021 11:45 AM MDT

Oh, MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I could stay here all day I think! I had no idea!!

I love ABBA's 'The Winner Takes It All" - - my favorite song by them!! And I like this version you've shared!

How fun!

I like when artists give a new "take" on the songs they cover.

Thanks for being the only person to have answered my very astute-and-accurate-to-me question. Ha! :)
      March 31, 2021 8:41 PM MDT