Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever been FOOTOOED? Enticed beguiled hookwinked tricked into doing something terribly stupid? How'd it turn out?

Ever been FOOTOOED? Enticed beguiled hookwinked tricked into doing something terribly stupid? How'd it turn out?

Posted - March 31, 2021

Responses

That's a completely new one on me.
      March 31, 2021 8:25 AM MDT

I can't say that I've ever been footooed. I don't recall ever being enticed, beguiled, hoodwinked, tricked into doing something terribly stupid. Fooled a few times yes, but not into doing something terribly stupid. It turned out that after being fooled one too many times, I learned to question everybody and to trust very few. That still holds true for me today. Trust is important to me and few get it. I don't hand it out like candy. It has to be earned. Does this make me any better than anyone else? Of course not. It's just common-sense to me.
      March 31, 2021 10:26 AM MDT

I'm gonna share something with you ru. My Jim is so very trusting. He believes the sales pitches he sees on TV. And I'm not kidding you everytime I check something out to see if what "they" say about a product is accurate it turns out to be fraudulent or fake. Every time. He is the trusting believer and I"m the checker outer to see what's out there. There's just one thing that worries me. I think I'll ask. When you go to research something how do you know that the negative stuff isn't posted by competitors? I wonder if there is any foolproof way to ascertain that? Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 1, 2021 2:54 AM MDT

Admittedly being a trusting person not only has a negative side but also a positive side. I guess it depends on what you put your trust in. That's what's great about a good relationship, you are there to compliment each other and to help each other when you have your doubts.

When I do my research I check out several different sources, conservative, liberal, and middle of the road. I check the checkers so to speak. When the checking is done, I go with the material and sources that look to be prevalent and with a history of reliability.

However, there are some subjects that have no real clear evidence either way. When that happens I just don't answer a question. I don't like to guess or assume anything. I want to know beyond a reasonable doubt. Is there any foolproof way to ascertain whether or not something is true? In my opinion yes, on many things. Unfortunately not on all things.

April 1, 2021 8:01 AM MDT

Thank you for that kind remark. Jim and I do compliment each other which is a huge blessing. Thank you also for your thoughtful reply. I like to KNOW but how do I know that what I think I know is true? Where is the standard foolproof yardstick against which I can measure anything? AARRGGHH! :)
      April 1, 2021 8:04 AM MDT