Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Justice is never served when the guilty "get away with it". What is?

Justice is never served when the guilty "get away with it". What is?

Posted - March 31, 2021

Responses

In the end, justice will always be served. They may escape man's justice but they won't escape God's Justice. :)
      March 31, 2021 1:50 PM MDT

That is comforting but I'd so much rather WITNESS it. Crime and punishment. Beginning middle and end. If I screw up and do something I shouldn't do I EXPECT TO PAY FOR IT not get away with it. That makes for a more logical world for me personally. I like things to make sense. Doing the crime and not doing the time makes no sense to me at all. Thank you for your reply ru! :)
      April 1, 2021 2:49 AM MDT

To be frank, I too would like to see the criminals receive the appropriate punishment. But it seems that those in charge of apprehending and arresting the criminals have their hands tied by the powers that be. If the criminals are brought in, they are let go an hour after arrest. Also, many of those who are in charge of handing down the appropriate sentences are being overridden by other powers that be.

It's becoming a no-win situation and the innocent are the ones that suffer for it. Perhaps if we can get rid of the malevolent, spineless, and corrupt individuals in seats of power then maybe we can get back to some semblance of normalcy.
      April 1, 2021 8:36 AM MDT

Why is that? Perps are apprehended and then released. It seems society BENDS OVER BACKWARDS to protect the perps and screw the victims. Weird and scary. I shall ask. Thank you for your reply ru.
      April 2, 2021 3:11 AM MDT

You're right, society does bend over backward to protect the perps and screw the victims. A good example of how parts of society protect the perps is in the camera footage of a man beating up an Asian woman in front of several people.

This criminal was put in prison for stabbing his mother to death back, I believe, in 2002.  But he was placed on lifetime parole and the result of that parole was the brutal attack on this 65-year-old Asian woman. He walked up to her, kicked her to the ground, kicked her several more times in the head while she was down, then simply walked away.

I was appalled and quite angry watching that footage. I was also appalled and angry watching those several people standing there watching the whole attack and doing "absolutely nothing" to stop it. Then I watched as one of the men, who witnessed the attack, close the door of the building while the Asian woman was still laying on the ground outside.

What on earth has happened to our society?! Those men watching this attack should be embarrassed and ashamed of themselves for doing nothing to help this poor woman. I have battled bullies all of my life and, had I been there, that attack would have been stopped.

Yes, he was arrested but what I'm wondering is, will he be put in prison and kept there or will he be paroled once again?
      April 2, 2021 10:21 AM MDT

To YOUR question..."What on earth has happened to our society?" My answer is I have no idea but I am as incensed and appalled as you are m'dear. Many years ago a woman was being raped or beaten to death and I think it was in some big city where lots of people heard her cries for help. No one came to her rescue. No one. I think it was decades ago and things seem to have gone hill since then. There seems to be an aloof bloodlust that has replaced common decency. I thank you for your very thorough response to my question. I appreciate it. It also saddens the he** out of me that I could find NO FAULT with anything you said. I'm sure you understand why. Things are as they are. Not how they used to be. Will we ever get back to the days when if your barn burned down all your neighbors would come to help build a new one? Thank you for your reply ru! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 2, 2021 10:47 AM MDT
      April 2, 2021 10:45 AM MDT

People still get involved but it seems that less and less do. Why? It could be from fear. Or perhaps complacency. Lack of compassion and love due to cold and hardened hearts. Or all of the above. Though it saddens me to see people act that way, I can still try to do what I can to help those in need.

Will we ever get back to the days when if your barn burned down all your neighbors would come to help build a new one? Well, people still do that but not to the extent they used to.

There are many good people in this country. But I believe it's going to take a lot of work, a lot of cooperation, a lot of sacrifices, and a lot of giving and taking to get back to anything close to resembling what we once had. I'm always hopeful. :)
      April 2, 2021 11:09 AM MDT

I hope your hopeful is justified. I think greedy selfish which we used to abhor and decry is the law of the land seemingly. "I got mine..get your own!" That's the apparent altruism of today. SIGH. Thank you for your thoughtful reply! I do hope your view is true and mine isn't! What could it hurt? It could help! :)
      April 2, 2021 11:12 AM MDT