Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » What are some of your favorite songs that name a particular brand* of food in the lyrics?

What are some of your favorite songs that name a particular brand* of food in the lyrics?

*Not a type of food or category of food, but an actual product name just as it would be advertised in competition with other companies.  For instance, not just “oatmeal”, but “Quaker Oats”, or not just “cereal”, but “Wheaties”. A restaurant food item can be used if it names the restaurant and/or the brand of the food item, such as “Denny’s Grand Slam”, or “Whopper”. Your answer must refer to the food brand itself, not merely a word that is a synonym for the food or for the brand, as in, “Planter’s warts”, or “Log Cabin Republican”.

Also, no beverages, condiments, or spices.
~

Posted - April 3, 2021

Responses

This post was edited by Flint Ironstag at April 4, 2021 4:38 PM MDT
      April 4, 2021 3:59 AM MDT

April 4, 2021 6:22 AM MDT

Fun question! This and the Burger King "Ding Fries are Done" song are all that have come to mind so far: 

April 4, 2021 9:55 AM MDT

Believe it or not, I love Cap'n Crunch, Froot Loops and Cheerios.
    The "sing-a-long- 'ish' " style of song, especially that chorus at the end, very much reminded me of a favorite song by Cake -- "Pigs Go To Heaven"- - even the lyrics are similar to "Breakfast Song." And cake's song has a sing-a-long type of section, too, ha. I enjoyed listening to "Breakfast Song," hadn't known of this song -- and I like the vintage cereal boxes in the video.  :)

If you don't know this song, I hope you get a chance to check it out sometime.  :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 4, 2021 9:43 PM MDT
      April 4, 2021 5:00 PM MDT

Glad you liked it! It's a funny song.

I enjoyed that Cake song, too! I'd never heard it, thanks for sharing!
      April 4, 2021 9:45 PM MDT

"Orange Crush"             R.E.M.

(even though, from what I understand, it is not really about the soda)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 4, 2021 9:46 PM MDT
      April 4, 2021 4:41 PM MDT

Well, in that case, it doesn’t fit the parameters of the requested responses. Disqualified.
    ___

April 4, 2021 6:34 PM MDT

Oh, well.
    There's goes my Easter.  ;)

I still enjoyed listening and watching and trying to think of an answer.
      April 4, 2021 7:17 PM MDT

He just smiled and gave me ...

April 5, 2021 12:13 AM MDT

It’s a perfectly adequate answer, but you’ll understand me if I have to excuse myself; I think I’m going to be ill. 

:|

April 5, 2021 1:31 AM MDT