Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The non-vax folks think it is an INSULT to their INDEPENDENCE to get a life-saving COVID 19 vaccine. Know why that's so wacky?

The non-vax folks think it is an INSULT to their INDEPENDENCE to get a life-saving COVID 19 vaccine. Know why that's so wacky?

Because it isn't an INSULT TO THEIR INDEPENDENCE to get a required driver's license
It ISN'T AN INSULT TO THEIR INDEPENDENCE to get a marriage license
It ISN'T AN INSULT TO THEIR INDEPENDENCE to drive within the posted speed limit on streets
It ISN'T AN INSULT TO THEIR INDEPENDENCE to follow a recipe to make something
It ISN'T AN INSULT TO THEIR INDEPENDENCE to read instructions for electronics they buy
It ISN'T AN INSULT TO THEIR INDEPENDENCE to watch DIY shows to learn HOW TO do whatever

But it IS AN INSULT TO THEIR INDEPENDENCE to get a lifesaving (potentially) vaccination? How absurdly illogical is THAT?

It ISN'T AN INSULT TO THEIR INDEPENDENCE to take prescription drugs to alleviate a "condition"

See what I mean? Queerly peculiar what is and is not an INSULT TO THEIR INDEPENDENCE. Wacky.

It ISN'T AN INSULT TO THEIR INDEPENDENCE TO GET THE EDUCATION REQUIRED TO HAVE THE JOB THEY WANT

Posted - April 7, 2021

Responses

One can say that I'm a non-vax folk. However, none of my reasons for not taking the vaccine have anything to do with my independence being insulted. For me, it's a matter of trust. My trust in this supposed life-saving wonder drug isn't there. My trust in its supposed effectiveness isn't there. My trust in all of the accolades being heaped upon it isn't there. And my trust in those doing the heaping isn't there. :)
      April 7, 2021 10:56 AM MDT

Fair enough m'dear. Fair enough. I held out for the Johnson & Johnson one-shot and yesterday it dropped into our laps with no effort at all. We got the shot. ONE SHOT. Honestly ru I don't know if we would have gotten the two-shot vaccines. I just held back and did nothing and waited to see how it would all play out. I figgered worst case if tons of people got vaccinated and we kept masking and gloving and social distancing as we have we'd be just fine!  So the shot hurt a bit more than usual shots and it took longer to inject. Jim never has a sore arm after a shot. I ALWAYS do. So yesterday for a couple of hours my arm was sore but today the soreness is gone. I'm shocked. Usually my sore arm lasts a few days. So I'm just sharing our experience with you for what it's worth. So far so good. No side effects at all. None. Not one! I marked it down on the calendar and I guess in two weeks we're going to be filled with antibodies that will help protect us. But how long does the protection lasts? No one really knows. Do we need to do this twice a year forever because the variants and mutations are going crazy? Maybe. Thank you for your reply. I will never do something that doesn't make sense to me either so I can relate to you! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 9, 2021 4:09 AM MDT
      April 9, 2021 4:06 AM MDT