Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The two doormen who watched an assailant assault an Asian woman did nothing to help until he left. He had a knife. What would YOU have done?

The two doormen who watched an assailant assault an Asian woman did nothing to help until he left. He had a knife. What would YOU have done?

Posted - April 7, 2021

Responses

What does adrenaline have to do with you being crazy?
      April 7, 2021 3:02 PM MDT

Example: Years ago a student raised a fist to me. The rush caused me to go after him and another teacher had to grab me and hold me back. I lost control for about two seconds. By the way, we were allowed to protect ourselves.
      April 7, 2021 3:06 PM MDT

That wasn't my inference.
      April 7, 2021 6:19 PM MDT

Oh, yeah...I am already crazy.
      April 8, 2021 6:43 AM MDT

:)
      April 8, 2021 6:28 AM MDT

April 8, 2021 4:19 AM MDT

I would think it would be a normal impulse to try to do something. For me maybe SCREAM BLOODY MURDER and maybe try to whack him over the head with my HEAVY shoulderbag. I would like to THINK I'd try to do something E but honestly I can't be CERTAIN of that. I hope I never have to find out if I'm that much of a coward to do nothing. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :)
      April 8, 2021 4:13 AM MDT

Disarming a knife wielding assailant is easier than is seems, largely because said assailant is usually helpless without it. Strike the wrist.
      April 7, 2021 4:16 PM MDT

And woulda, coulda, shoulda is even easier for people who weren't in the actual situation.
      April 7, 2021 6:45 PM MDT

April 8, 2021 4:20 AM MDT

With your hand R or some kind of "weapon"? I was thinking of whacking him over the head with my HEAVY shouldbag as I'm screaming BLOODY MURDER to get attention but aiming for the wrist holding the knife seems a better option.  Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to thee and thine. :)
      April 8, 2021 4:15 AM MDT

Hand or elbow, depending on proximity. A shoulder bag is slow and very easy to avoid, it's not as if you don't see it coming.
      April 8, 2021 3:47 PM MDT

I'm pretty POSITIVE your hand or elbow is stronger than mine R. Would you want to be hit with a heavy shoulderbag? Maybe just whack the dude over the head from the back? He wouldn't see me coming. He'd be too engaged in slashing his target. SIGH. Hopefully this all simple conjecture and not a real world thing to have to confront. Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 9, 2021 3:11 AM MDT
      April 9, 2021 3:11 AM MDT

What would I have done? Whether or not the assailant had a knife wouldn't matter to me. I would have done all that I could to help this woman. The men that did nothing to help this poor lady will have to live with their own cowardice for the rest of their lives.
      April 9, 2021 8:05 AM MDT

True. It's not awful enough what they didn't do. It went viral and worldwide so everyone who saw it knows. Just desserts. SIGH. You do know that a lot more of this will happen don't you ru? Once the toothpaste is out of the tube there is no putting it back. Every day there will be more racist attacks.AS if it is something to be proud of. In some areas of america I'm sure it is! Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 9, 2021 9:44 AM MDT

What race are you? How do you answer this question? We have been conditioned to answer, “Caucasian,” or “African American,” “Hispanic,” “Asian,” etc. Many think in terms of skin color, white, black, brown, etc.

As far as the Bible is concerned, there are many nationalities, but there is only one race! Therefore, when you fill out a form asking you what race you are, why not simply answer: The Human Race?

Having said that, whether or not the attack on this Asian woman was called a racially motivated attack is irrelevant. Skin color is irrelevant. One's nationality is irrelevant. Regardless of our nationality or skin color, an attack is an attack and it should have been stopped.

I do agree with you that there will be more attacks. There always are. And, unfortunately, many of them will be irresponsibly labeled as racist attacks. All of this politically correct terminology has invaded our society, shoved down our throats, and so entrenched itself in our minds, that we're, from one degree to another, unable to recognize the truth.

Political correctness is destroying this country. It's turning us against each other. But then, isn't that what the powers that be wanted in the first place? It makes it easier for them to get what they want and stops us from getting and keeping what we need and what's rightfully ours. As always, my long-winded opinion.
      April 9, 2021 2:48 PM MDT

"Political correctness is destroying this country." I couldn't disagree with you more. You are saying that we should call African Americans the "N" word right? Do you seriously believe that? Did you think it through ru to its logical conclusion or is that just a right-wing Conservative view you hold without really being aware of the implications?. I shall ask without naming you and see what the others think. Thank you for your reply. Now let's run it up the flagpole and see who salutes!
      April 10, 2021 2:23 AM MDT