Stu Spelling Bee
 Honeydew
Echooos
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Without identifying the movie, post your favorite line from any movie.

Without identifying the movie, post your favorite line from any movie.

"You admire it."

"Put your arms down when you get to school."

" 'The Count of Monte Crisco' by Alexandree Dumbass "

Posted - Wed at 7:01 PM

• 18023

"Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly."
      April 7, 2021 7:09 PM MDT
    1

• 6970
    Get a good sleep tonight cousin because tomorrow we are going after Big Time Geehie Dan Beauford. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at April 8, 2021 6:48 AM MDT
      April 7, 2021 7:09 PM MDT
    2

• 18023
    Thanks.  :)

I have no idea.  :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 8, 2021 6:48 AM MDT
      April 7, 2021 7:16 PM MDT
    1

• 42189

“What’s your dirt doin’ in Boss’ yard?”

“Dad, you don’t like wearing that stuff, do you?”

“I don‘t want to kill you, and you don’t want to be dead.”

“I might have to die, but I’ll die last.”

“Always bet on black.”

“A deer doesn’t know how many legs a horse has!”

“You need a flare, man?”  “Naw. He’s close. Real close.” [seconds later, the sound of an explosion and a muffled scream] “Gotcha, m____f____!”

“You’re worried that you can’t swim? Hell, the fall will probably kill you!”

“How would you like to feel the insides of my thighs on the outsides of your thighs, big boy?”

~

April 7, 2021 7:16 PM MDT
    2

• 18023
    There are some interesting lines there, yes.   :)   Thanks.

(That worried-about-swimming one struck me for some reason.)
      April 7, 2021 7:19 PM MDT
    3

• 18023
    I don't know any of them.
    :)
      April 8, 2021 6:26 AM MDT
    2

• 42189

Welby, do you want us to go back and identify the movies?
    ~

April 8, 2021 7:40 AM MDT
    2

• 18023
    No, not particularly but it's fine if anyone wants to -- some have and that's good with me, too.
    And I only hope if I haven' t seen the movies, the lines aren't plot spoilers.  :)

I admit I find it interesting reading completely out-of-context lines.
      April 8, 2021 6:11 PM MDT
    1

• 42189

My entries are all oldies, not much chance of spoilization there!

~

April 8, 2021 6:13 PM MDT
    2

• 18023
    That's true. But, for me, it doesn't matter the year a movie was released - - if I haven't seen it, I probably know nothing about it and it might be spoiled a bit for me. I remember a radio show where, maybe because of the age of the show, the host/s assumed everyone in the world watched what they were talking about and they threw out spoilers all over the place. I hadn't seen the show about which they talked. And I soon switched stations.  :)

And that last line of your answer . . .   ;)
    Ha!

And if someone spoiled "Citizen Kane" for me, I'd have been disappointed. I'm very glad I never knew, as far as details, too much about that movie before seeing it. It's way up there on my list of movies I've really liked! :)
    And it lived up very well for me to its reputation of being a great film.
      April 8, 2021 6:26 PM MDT
    3

• 6185
    I'm the same way with movies. Sometimes I think even the trailers/commercials reveal too much! I would have switched stations, too! 

I'll have to watch Citizen Kane based on your recommendation. I've never seen it. 
      April 8, 2021 11:21 PM MDT
    2

• 42189

I’ve ranted on here before about the channel American Movie Classics (AMC), wherein before each movie, the “host” gives a spiel that includes a detailed synopsis of what’s about to be shown. I love the channel, I hate the blow-by-blow they give before playing the films. I hit the mute button until the opening credits begin. The reason I’m watching the movie is that I want to see what happens as it unfolds. I can’t stand when people spoil a plot, and here these folks are, supposes professionals and movie buffs, committing one of the worst movie-related cardinal sins known to filmdom. GRRRRRRR. 

April 8, 2021 11:28 PM MDT
    1

• 18023
    Wow!! I'm with you all the way on that! Exactly!

"Show the movie first -- THEN talk about it in detail!"

And, now, come to think of it -- I think I came across your talking about that in another post at some point. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 10, 2021 5:42 PM MDT
      April 9, 2021 6:10 PM MDT
    0

• 18023
    If you watch "Citizen Kane," feel free to let me know what you think! I admit, I was enthralled on many levels!
    :)
    I highly, highly recommend it!
    :)
      April 9, 2021 6:12 PM MDT
    0

• 18023
    Oh -- and -- 
    this was when a group of us friends would go see movies together every two weeks-or-so, and in one movie trailer for a suspense/crime type of film (I'll not mention the title to avoid spoiling the movie in case you or others haven't seen it), it showed the lead female in a closet.
    So, severla weeks later, we ended up seeing that movie.

Well, I guess I have a brain -- because the movie had many dramatic scenes involving this lead female -- and while watching the movie, in every one of those scenes, I thought, "She'll be OK - - she hasn't been in the closet yet."

Do you now when she ended up in the closest? Literally, in the last two minutes of the movie!!

What were they thinking to put that little image in the trailer? I remember things (sometimes)! That trailer ruined the movie for me.

After that happened, when the trailers came on, I would take orders from my friends and go to the concession stand and get our treats and avoid all the trailers.  :)
      April 9, 2021 6:20 PM MDT
    0

• 6185
    I want you to, please!! 
      April 8, 2021 10:33 PM MDT
    2

• 6185
    2 is Mrs. Doubtfire. I've definitely seen 3 and 8 but can't place them. 
      April 8, 2021 7:11 PM MDT
    2

• 42189

You’re right. 

[Gee, you’re really smart. You and I should go see a movie together . . . ]

~

April 8, 2021 7:49 PM MDT
    2

• 6185
    What are 3 and 8, please? 

April 8, 2021 11:02 PM MDT
    2

• 42189

You’re ignoring my invitation. Go out with me and I’ll whisper it in your ear after the movie is over.
    ~

April 8, 2021 11:30 PM MDT
    1

• 8979
    "I believe in the church of baseball. I've tried all the major religions, and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms, and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance. But it just didn't work out between us. The Lord laid too much guilt on me. I prefer metaphysics to theology. You see, there's no guilt in baseball, and it's never boring, which makes it like sex. There's never been a ballplayer slept with me who didn't have the best year of his career. Making love is like hitting a baseball: you just gotta relax and concentrate. Besides, I'd never sleep with a player hitting under .250, not unless he had a lot of RBIs and was a great glove man up the middle. You see, there's a certain amount of life wisdom I give these boys. I can expand their minds. Sometimes when I've got a ballplayer alone, I'll just read Emily Dickinson or Walt Whitman to him, and the guys are so sweet, they'll just sit there and listen. 'Course, a guy will listen to anything if he thinks it's foreplay. I make them feel confident, and they make me feel safe, and pretty. 'Course, what I give them lasts a lifetime, and what they give me lasts 142 games. Sometimes it seems like a bad trade, but bad trades are part of baseball - now who can forget Frank Robinson for Milt Pappas, for God's sake? It's a long season and you gotta trust it. I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the church of baseball."

"Well, I believe in the soul. The cock. The pussy. The small of a woman's back. The hanging curveball. High fiber. Good Scotch. That the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap. I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. I believe in the sweet spot, soft core pornography, opening your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas eve, and I believe in long, slow, deep, soft wet kisses that last three days. Good night." This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at April 8, 2021 6:49 AM MDT
      April 7, 2021 8:18 PM MDT
    3

• 18023
    I knew about that first one but never watched the movie.  :)

I have no idea about the other one.

Thanks.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 8, 2021 7:38 AM MDT
      April 8, 2021 6:26 AM MDT
    3

• 8979
    Really? They're both from the same film, probably the greatest one ever about baseball.

April 8, 2021 8:16 AM MDT
    2

• 18023
    I admit the movie never intrigued me to watch. I'm not much of a sports fan but I know the movie is really well respected. and I realize not being a sports fan, in and of itself, need not keep me watching a movie about a sport. :)

Thanks for the videos! I admit I didn't watch them because I don't want anything ruined for me if I do choose to watch the movie. I do like all three of those performers in that second clip.
      April 8, 2021 6:16 PM MDT
    2