Active Now

Shuhak
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Without identifying the movie, post your favorite line from any movie.

Without identifying the movie, post your favorite line from any movie.

"You admire it."

"Put your arms down when you get to school."

" 'The Count of Monte Crisco' by Alexandree Dumbass "

Posted - April 7, 2021

Responses

"Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly."
      April 7, 2021 7:09 PM MDT

Get a good sleep tonight cousin because tomorrow we are going after Big Time Geehie Dan Beauford. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at April 8, 2021 6:48 AM MDT
      April 7, 2021 7:09 PM MDT

Thanks.  :)

I have no idea.  :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 15, 2021 8:53 PM MDT
      April 7, 2021 7:16 PM MDT

“What’s your dirt doin’ in Boss’ yard?”

“Dad, you don’t like wearing that stuff, do you?”

“I don‘t want to kill you, and you don’t want to be dead.”

“I might have to die, but I’ll die last.”

“Always bet on black.”

“A deer doesn’t know how many legs a horse has!”

“You need a flare, man?”  “Naw. He’s close. Real close.” [seconds later, the sound of an explosion and a muffled scream] “Gotcha, m____f____!”

“You’re worried that you can’t swim? Hell, the fall will probably kill you!”

“How would you like to feel the insides of my thighs on the outsides of your thighs, big boy?”

~

April 7, 2021 7:16 PM MDT

There are some interesting lines there, yes.   :)   Thanks.

(That worried-about-swimming one struck me for some reason.)
      April 7, 2021 7:19 PM MDT

I don't know any of them.
    :)
      April 8, 2021 6:26 AM MDT

Welby, do you want us to go back and identify the movies?
    ~

April 8, 2021 7:40 AM MDT

No, not particularly but it's fine if anyone wants to -- some have and that's good with me, too.
    And I only hope if I haven' t seen the movies, the lines aren't plot spoilers.  :)

I admit I find it interesting reading completely out-of-context lines.
      April 8, 2021 6:11 PM MDT

My entries are all oldies, not much chance of spoilization there!

~

April 8, 2021 6:13 PM MDT

That's true. But, for me, it doesn't matter the year a movie was released - - if I haven't seen it, I probably know nothing about it and it might be spoiled a bit for me. I remember a radio show where, maybe because of the age of the show, the host/s assumed everyone in the world watched what they were talking about and they threw out spoilers all over the place. I hadn't seen the show about which they talked. And I soon switched stations.  :)

And that last line of your answer . . .   ;)
    Ha!

And if someone spoiled "Citizen Kane" for me, I'd have been disappointed. I'm very glad I never knew, as far as details, too much about that movie before seeing it. It's way up there on my list of movies I've really liked! :)
    And it lived up very well for me to its reputation of being a great film.
      April 8, 2021 6:26 PM MDT

I'm the same way with movies. Sometimes I think even the trailers/commercials reveal too much! I would have switched stations, too! 

I'll have to watch Citizen Kane based on your recommendation. I've never seen it. 
      April 8, 2021 11:21 PM MDT

I’ve ranted on here before about the channel American Movie Classics (AMC), wherein before each movie, the “host” gives a spiel that includes a detailed synopsis of what’s about to be shown. I love the channel, I hate the blow-by-blow they give before playing the films. I hit the mute button until the opening credits begin. The reason I’m watching the movie is that I want to see what happens as it unfolds. I can’t stand when people spoil a plot, and here these folks are, supposes supposed professionals and movie buffs, committing one of the worst movie-related cardinal sins known to filmdom. GRRRRRRR. 

This post was edited by Randy D at April 15, 2021 8:54 PM MDT
      April 8, 2021 11:28 PM MDT

Wow!! I'm with you all the way on that! Exactly!

"Show the movie first -- THEN talk about it in detail!"

And, now, come to think of it -- I think I came across your talking about that in another post at some point. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 15, 2021 8:54 PM MDT
      April 9, 2021 6:10 PM MDT

I guess they think if they're classics, everyone has seen them? Hehe. I've noticed this, too. I believe I watched "Taps" on AMC. I'd seen it before, luckily. 

April 15, 2021 8:24 PM MDT

If you watch "Citizen Kane," feel free to let me know what you think! I admit, I was enthralled on many levels!
    I highly, highly recommend it!
      April 9, 2021 6:12 PM MDT

I can't find it on Netflix, Hulu or Prime! WHAT? 

I'll keep an eye out for it. 
      April 15, 2021 8:32 PM MDT

They don't have "Citizen Kane"? Wow.

I do hope you find it.  :)
      April 16, 2021 8:18 PM MDT

Welby, I’m also a fan of the movie “Citizen Kane”.
    ~

April 15, 2021 8:43 PM MDT

Yay!
      April 16, 2021 8:11 PM MDT

Oh -- and -- 
    this was when a group of us friends would go see movies together every two weeks-or-so, and in one movie trailer for a suspense/crime type of film (I'll not mention the title to avoid spoiling the movie in case you or others haven't seen it), it showed the lead female in a closet.
    So, severla weeks later, we ended up seeing that movie.

Well, I guess I have a brain -- because the movie had many dramatic scenes involving this lead female -- and while watching the movie, in every one of those scenes, I thought, "She'll be OK - - she hasn't been in the closet yet."

Do you now when she ended up in the closest? Literally, in the last two minutes of the movie!!

What were they thinking to put that little image in the trailer? I remember things (sometimes)! That trailer ruined the movie for me.

After that happened, when the trailers came on, I would take orders from my friends and go to the concession stand and get our treats and avoid all the trailers.  :)
      April 9, 2021 6:20 PM MDT

Now I'm super curious about the movie. Just say it, or PM me. Hehehe!

I completely understand. It's like they don't even care if they're spoiling it for people with brains that REMEMBER things and are just naturally trying to figure things out! 

Good thinking, the concessions run! I like it when things work out like that with friends and everyone is happy! :)
      April 15, 2021 8:40 PM MDT

Yes, ha!!

Potential PLOT SPOILER!!! to  the movie up there

"Kiss the Girls"

I thought it was a good movie, too. I regret the trailer had ruined it for me.  :)
      April 16, 2021 8:22 PM MDT

I want you to, please!! 
      April 8, 2021 10:33 PM MDT

2 is Mrs. Doubtfire. I've definitely seen 3 and 8 but can't place them. 
      April 8, 2021 7:11 PM MDT