Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Any black comedian ever don WHITE FACE and portray the white man as clumsy and dumb? If so when and whom? If not WHY NOT?

Any black comedian ever don WHITE FACE and portray the white man as clumsy and dumb? If so when and whom? If not WHY NOT?

Posted - April 8, 2021

Responses

Movie: White Chicks

I have no problem with the movie it was funny. This post was edited by my2cents at April 8, 2021 7:21 AM MDT
      April 8, 2021 7:20 AM MDT

Sure - "White Chicks".  Shawn and Marlon Wayans (both black actors) played white women - complete with painted on white faces - acting clumsy and dumb.
      April 8, 2021 4:19 PM MDT

I've heard of them but I know I never saw that! How did it play? Was the point made? I think I might have seen one of them on someone's show a long time ago. Some men make very pretty women! Did they? Thank you for your reply Shuhak. I wonder how it would have been had they portrayed WHITE men? :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 9, 2021 2:59 AM MDT
      April 9, 2021 2:58 AM MDT

It was a stupid comedy.  FBI agents posing as women (ugly women) vs bad guys, while making a group of women with low self-esteem see their real worth.  Very funny movie! (although not everyones cup of tea).
      April 9, 2021 12:20 PM MDT