Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Weather » Is precipitation, in any form, occuring where you live?

Is precipitation, in any form, occuring where you live?

We are getting a smattering of rain.

Posted - April 8, 2021

Responses

Not today. We got it yesterday.
      April 8, 2021 1:50 PM MDT

Unfortunately, no.  All we have around here is an abundance of solar radiation (there's not even a cloud to be seen).
      April 8, 2021 2:18 PM MDT

We're getting on and off rain showers which will occur pretty much all week long.
      April 8, 2021 2:41 PM MDT

No.  The past two days have been sunny and mild and I don't we're getting any rain until Friday night into Saturday morning.  The past two days have been absolutely glorious and I would take this weather all year 'round in a heartbeat.
      April 8, 2021 3:17 PM MDT

Sunny, dry and warmish here today and for next several days.
      April 8, 2021 3:34 PM MDT

• Nope. Here in California, there is not likely to be rain again until November at the earliest.
      April 8, 2021 3:35 PM MDT

It’s a beautiful rainy day here today!  I took my daughter outside to play in the rain and jump in the puddles earlier today while the baby was napping and my Hubby was watching my older son.  My daughter loves playing in the rain and jumping in puddles but my older son hates it, which is OK.  What’s not OK is that he gets upset and throws a fit when he sees other people enjoying it.  We’re still trying to teach him that he just can’t get upset and angry just because someone else loves something that he hates.  Oh wait, one family member who comes to mind made it all the way to 98 without ever learning that.   I guess we’ll just have to keep trying teaching him that.  It might take a while. This post was edited by Livvie at April 13, 2021 9:50 PM MDT
      April 8, 2021 3:45 PM MDT

[Why not send him to live with Uncle Randall for a while? After he’s all straightened out, I can swing by your place to drop him off the next time I’m in nearby Minnesota when the statute of limitations has expired on that nasty civil court business that took place back in 2017!]

~

April 8, 2021 5:11 PM MDT

You should have come here a few weeks ago.  You could’ve taken my twins out to eat and you could’ve handled the embarrassing scene they made in the restaurant!  It would’ve been so much fun!
      April 8, 2021 5:33 PM MDT

Er, um, I just remembered how busy I am, so I won’t be able to help out at all. Bye!

~

This post was edited by Randy D at April 13, 2021 9:50 PM MDT
      April 8, 2021 5:50 PM MDT

No sir; the sky is so blue it may be illegal.

April 8, 2021 4:04 PM MDT

Haven’t you heard?

“It Never Rains In Southern California” by Albert Hammond, 1972. 

LYRICS:

Got on board a west-bound 747
    Didn't think before deciding what to do
    Oh, that talk of opportunities
    TV breaks, the movies 
    Rang true, sure rang true
    Seems it never rains in Southern California
    Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before

It never rains in California
    But girls, don't they warn ya
    It pours, man, it pours

I'm out of work, I'm out of my head
    Out of self-respect, I'm out of bread
    I'm underloved, I'm underfed, I wanna go home

It pours, man it pours

Will you tell the folks back home I nearly made it?
    Had offers, but don't know which one to take
    Please don't tell them how you found me
    Don't tell them how you found me
    Gimme a break, give me a break

Seems it never rains in southern California
    Seems I've often heard this kind of talk before

It pours, man it pours

~

April 8, 2021 5:07 PM MDT

• The weather was sunny today and yesterday, but we had light rain on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  I think the rainfall was 6,5 cm for those four days.
      April 13, 2021 9:49 PM MDT

Had a shower earlier, but only a tiny one. Nothing substantial.
      April 14, 2021 5:01 AM MDT

High wind and rain during the night, ending a long, very dry spell.

Then this afternoon after a largely sunny morning, I was watching from my shed a violent rain-squall passing. Good! It topped up my water-butts, raised the larger of my frog-ponds to proper level and enable me to refill a much smaller pond that had dried out.

It gave the garden generally a good watering - I expect the tomatoes especially, appreciated it.
      September 27, 2021 3:20 PM MDT