Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » HUMAN beings have a conscience and feel SHAME when they do wrong. FOOTOO GOP AND ITS ILK HAVE NEITHER ONE. Which means they are WHAT?

HUMAN beings have a conscience and feel SHAME when they do wrong. FOOTOO GOP AND ITS ILK HAVE NEITHER ONE. Which means they are WHAT?

Robotic automatons.

Posted - April 9, 2021

Responses

Yes, all humans have a conscience.  However, a conscience can be ignored or even reprogrammed.  If one tells themselves that wrong is right long enough, then that wrong will no longer trigger their conscience.  
      April 9, 2021 1:37 PM MDT

Were they born that way or made to be that way? Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      April 10, 2021 4:16 AM MDT

All people are born with a "conscience".  However, a conscience is only as good as what's fed into it.   For example,  If a young child is taught to think lying is ok (no one tells them otherwise), then lying won't bother their conscience.  However, that child can (if they wish) reprogram their conscience to be against lying.
      April 10, 2021 1:39 PM MDT

I think the electrical outlet is there but it takes parental guidance for the child to plug into that outlet. I don't think one's conscience is ever developed or activated on its own. Right and Wrong is the basis of it and if you are not taught the difference between the two how can you plug in? Thank you for your reply Shuhak. I'm not a behavioral scientist. That's just what makes sense to me! :)
      April 11, 2021 2:25 AM MDT