Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I understand the problem and I don't have a clue how to solve it. Do you?

I understand the problem and I don't have a clue how to solve it. Do you?

This is with respect to transgender athletes.

Hormones are different in women and men. Isn't that part of what give guys an edge in athletics? They're stronger have more endurance than women.

So a male becomes a transgender female. Nothing wrong with that EXCEPT does that give her an edge because she has different hormones?

I am totally ignorant about this. So when the transition is complete does the gal now have the hormones of a woman and all of the male hormones are gone? Anyone?

Posted - April 10, 2021

Responses

It is not just hormones either.  A man's lungs are bigger and legs are longer. No amount of training can change that. 
    Women/girls sports are being destroyed by cisgen males being allowed to compete against the cigen females. Girls are not getting their college scholarships because of it. 

In MMA, there is a transwoman who is beating the crap out of the ciswomen. Breaking bones. Ribs, skulls etc.  It is just a matter of time before someone is killed.  

We have sports separated by sex for a reason. And it is not just a matter of what outfit they wear. 

It is simple....you compete based on you genetic sex. 
      April 10, 2021 7:32 AM MDT

WHAT IF there were a separate category for the transgender m2c? Would that be discriminatory or would that give the pariticpants a better shot at competing with others whose abilities are in line with their own? Thank you for your reply. That also is very dangerous. I wonder WHY there aren't protections in place to handle it?
      April 10, 2021 7:57 AM MDT

I do not know if there is enough for them to have any others to compete against.

There was protections in school...it was under Title X.  But it is being twisted to for the schools to allow the transgirls (born biological male) to compete against the cisgen girls. (born biological female)  If schools do not allow the trans girls to compete, they are being threatened by the feds to take their funding.
      April 10, 2021 3:08 PM MDT

I like FAIR m2c. Here's the problem. If transgenders are allowed to compete with others that's not fair to the others. But also NOT FAIR is not allowing them to compete. I like fair so there has to be some way that doesn't penalize either group. I don't know how many there are and I do see your point. I guess there is some amount of competitors necessary to make it worthwhile but it should be worked on and a solution found. Don't you like fair too? Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 11, 2021 1:43 AM MDT

No one is saying they cannot compete.  They can compete....but as the sex at birth.  That is what makes it fair.  

Do we allow bio boys (who are not trans) compete in girls sports?  Why not?  Even if they are not good enough to play on the boys team? No.  Why? Because it is not fair to the girls. 

And to let a transgirl (born as boy) play against the cisgirls (born as girl) is also not fair.
      April 11, 2021 9:32 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply m2c.
      April 12, 2021 2:35 AM MDT