Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Kill someone you "say" you thought you tasered. Quit the next day and move on. That way you don't have to be fired. CLEVER DAME?

Kill someone you "say" you thought you tasered. Quit the next day and move on. That way you don't have to be fired. CLEVER DAME?

No skin off your nose. No dog in that fight. No apologies. No remorse. Not even PRETENDING. Today's FOOTOO dame cop. Don't apologize. No explain. Get the he** out!

SIGH.

Next?

Posted - April 13, 2021

Responses

Well, in her position I might be tempted to do the same....but in the end I think i woulld do whatever would bring the most closure and sense of justice to the victim's family. if she applies for a post in a different Police Department in the future, they'll want to know why she resigned, and it may still count against her, but I suppose it doesn't sound as bad as being fired. But if her purpose in quitting is to avoid an investigation, then I think that is very unethical. Back in the 1990s, there were a lot of historic cases of police corruption and "framing" being exposed in England, and it became a thing for detectives to take early retirement in order to avoid internal investigations and disciplinary procedures. Some people suggested at the time that if they did this they should forfeit their pensions. 
      April 14, 2021 12:19 AM MDT

Hi Rev. Allegedly the woman was on the job for 26 years. Had she been a novice with a month experience it wouldn't have been any less reprehensible but perhaps a bit more understandable. I asked and heard that there  is quite a difference in weight and also the configuration so confusing them is not likely. Also the Taser gun is often brightly colored. And allegedly the Taser is always kept on the one side, the weapon on the other side. So "in the heat of the moment" a newby could get confused but a 26-year vet? I dunno. If so she wasn't cut out to be a cop. What would I do in her shoes?. First of all I'd have apologized profusely and been devastated. For starters. Confusing taser with weapon might not have been cowardly but quitting and moving on the next day? COLD. HEARTLESS. INHUMAN. Every day there is another one and another one and another one. In america the land of the bible and gun. A lot of good the bible does here. It mocks. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednessay to thee and thine. Hope all is well with you and your family m'dear! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 14, 2021 3:31 AM MDT
      April 14, 2021 2:45 AM MDT