Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Music » Would you please post a song that you love that you think will surprise your fellow Muggers?

Would you please post a song that you love that you think will surprise your fellow Muggers?

But you really have to love the song, for real. And try to surprise us! 

Posted - April 17, 2021

Responses

It may be surprising that I occasionally enjoy electronic music. This is a strange piece I really love, which plays in the main menu of one of my favourite games, Mirror's Edge (the video doesn't include footage of the game itself, but some of its concept art instead): 

April 20, 2021 1:49 PM MDT

I'm not sure if it's surprising. I feel that you have pretty varied tastes, from what I can recall. 

I actually enjoyed that, and I'm not usually a fan of 'robot noise' music, as I lovingly refer to it.

I have a couple of games on my phone (a couple of card games, Evil Apples, a sort of retro space shooting game and a 'brain game' type thing to help preserve brain function in old people. Hehe. (It's for everyone, really). I've never been very into video games. The most I ever played regularly was when my sons were really young and they wanted ME to play their Disney Sega games and them watch because I could beat more levels. Hahaha! I would indulge them for a bit on some days and I can see how people really get into them. I often played longer than I'd agreed to play because I was having fun! :)
      April 20, 2021 5:57 PM MDT

I'm glad you didn't try to describe Evil Apples - we've kept all the replies here relatively clean so far! I also play some brain games now and then; I do believe they help. You've brought back memories of how one of my parents and I would sit together at the keyboard, with them controlling, for instance, Jolly Jumper, while I was Lucky Luke. Fun times: I'm sure your sons still appreciate it as well :)
      April 21, 2021 6:09 AM MDT

Haha! I think it was Slartibartfast that told me about Evil Apples! I know that he and I talked about it, anyway. It's fun, but people quit so often it drives me crazy!

We really did make a lot of good memories. They were so entertained that they forgot to fight with each other for a bit! :)
      April 21, 2021 5:52 PM MDT

I guess I thought I had replied to you here but I didn't. I like this music. There is a lot of electronic music I like.  :)
      April 26, 2021 6:56 AM MDT

Glad you do, Welbz. Can't imagine a category of music you'd dismiss altogether :)
      April 26, 2021 1:13 PM MDT

Yup, you're right on that!
    :)

And I hadn't heard 'your' music here until listening when I saw your answer.  Glad I listened. 
      April 26, 2021 7:42 PM MDT

April 20, 2021 2:07 PM MDT

A little bit surprising, yes! I would have thought you'd given up popular music before 2005-ish or whenever this one was out. 

I really like Pink. I have deep personal connections to both 'Raise Your Glass' and 'Blow Me'. Connections shared by 2 different people no longer on earth. 

Thanks.  
      April 20, 2021 5:39 PM MDT

P!nk came out as I was starting to switch from pop music to contemporary Christian. I still like her.  
    I had Raise your Glass as my ring tone years ago. When my son was on elementary school
     While volunteering for something at the school by phone rang. Amd one of the kids is class was just shocked that she was my ringtone. Her jaw dropped and she says "Was that P!nk?" Just in shock and disbelief. I guess she thought I was too old for P!nk...lol. 
      April 20, 2021 8:32 PM MDT

Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil

This post was edited by Zack at October 9, 2022 10:30 PM MDT
      April 20, 2021 8:44 PM MDT

I really like this song! Makes me think of "Fallen" with Denzel Washington. Great movie. 

Am I surprised by this choice? Nope. It suits my idea of Zack. 

April 21, 2021 5:56 PM MDT

"The Killing Type"       Amanda Palmer and The Grand Theft Orchestra

(an interesting music video, too, to say the least)

April 25, 2021 6:45 PM MDT

I've heard this before, though I'm not sure where. It's cool, but that video gets grotesque! 

Surprising from you because of all the killing references! :)
      April 25, 2021 7:13 PM MDT

Though the video surprised me when I first watched (it was the first time I heard the song, too -  a colleague suggested I watch the video and take a listen to the song), Palmer and the rest of the band seem "in on the joke" to me -- their performances are purposely over-the-top and the effective (to me) stark use of the color "white" in the video in contrast with all the other colors ("red," especially, of course) all combine to make me love the song and video.
    I bought the album "Theater Is Evil" solely because of this song - - I like the entire album. :)

I only heard the song because it was suggested I watch. I'm glad I did.  :)

I'm glad my answer surprised you. :)  Maybe even more surprising is that I've long been a "studier" of true crime -- most often, murders and serial killers. And, my goodness - - don't get me around "Forensic Files"- - I'm ALWAYS  hooked in the first 34 seconds of every episode and I then sit and watch. Ha!

And I'm often strongly interested in disasters -- like the 1889 Johnstown, Pennsylvania, USA flood. Or the Texas City, Texas, USA Disaster. The list goes on . . .
    :)
      April 25, 2021 7:48 PM MDT

I’m also glued to “Forensic Files”, among other true-crime shows. Were you a fan of “America’s Most Wanted” (1988-2011)? 
    ~

April 26, 2021 8:26 PM MDT

Hey there, fellow forensic files follower. :)

Though I'm sure I've seen an episode here and there, I'm sort of surprised I didn't regularly watch "America's Most Wanted."
      April 26, 2021 8:37 PM MDT

How about “Unsolved Mysteries” from 1988? The original host of the series was Robert Stack (who formerly portrayed Elliot Ness on tv’s “The Untouchables” from  1959-1963).  

Sidebar: locally here, reruns of “Unsolved Mysteries” are aired Monday through Saturday, but not ever the episodes hosted by Stack. They only show episodes hosted by Dennis Farina, who did it from 2008-2010.  I miss the Stack years and have never seen them in reruns. 
    ~

April 26, 2021 9:02 PM MDT

I've watched that one quite a bit. I like Stack the best, too. I've enjoyed seeing the "updates" of stories.
      April 27, 2021 7:32 AM MDT

Super freak by Rick James. :)
      April 26, 2021 2:05 PM MDT

Nice! 

Rick James is hard to not like! :)
      April 27, 2021 4:40 PM MDT

If you're not surprised that anyone here really loves this one... I give up!

April 26, 2021 5:59 PM MDT

Wow! Nostalgic, I can definitely understand. Actually really loving the song? Yeah, that's pretty surprising. 

I'm familiar with this song from my own childhood, so I'll bet one of my parents also really loved it, too! 

I still love a song from a musical from my own childhood. 
      April 27, 2021 4:53 PM MDT

I actually came into this song by listening to some of my grandfathers 78 records after his passing.  I loved this song the first time I heard it and I'm sure my grandfather did as well.
      May 7, 2021 3:19 PM MDT

Nice. That's very cool. 
      May 7, 2021 6:09 PM MDT