Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Now that you are fully vaccinated and protected are you doing anything differently?

Now that you are fully vaccinated and protected are you doing anything differently?

We are protected now and have no plans o change anything.

Still mask
Still glove
Still social distance

Why? Well because some of you refuse to get the vaccine and no one knows enough to know FOR SURE if our being protected will protect us from you if you are a carrier. So there ya have it.

Posted - April 24, 2021

Responses

If I do anything different, it will be because the rules have relaxed, and only indirectly because of the vaccination which I completed today. 
      April 24, 2021 8:56 AM MDT

Congrats on completing it Malizz but won't it take a couple of weeks before you are "safe"? Glad you got the shot(s). We got the J&J on April 8 so on April 22 the 14-day wait for protection ended. But nothing changes for us. Not yet. Lots of folks haven't gotten vaccinated yet but will. California opened it to 16 and over a week ago. Then there is that group who refuse on political grounds because they see it as a choice pro or against FOOTOO. Thems the problem. And there are others for medical reasons who are not able to get them. It takes 75% vaccinated population to create the "herd" immunity. I doubt we can reach it since the pro FOOTOO anti-science people are rock solid petrified and frozen. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :)
      April 24, 2021 9:27 AM MDT

Apparently, there is a UCL study to the effect that the UK has reached the threshold. I feel that the restrictions have overstepped the point of diminishing returns by some way, and are often illogical and unscientific, but we still have to obey. But hey, we're getting out shopping and pubbing (outdoors) next week. 
      April 24, 2021 10:32 AM MDT

Alright! Sounds good. Hope there is no relapse/resurge! Thank you for your reply Malizz! :)
      April 24, 2021 11:11 AM MDT

I'm not quite there yet.  I get my second shot on wednesday.  However, once fully inoculated (2 weeks later), I'll probably help my sister with yard work and such.  Once we're all fully inoculated, we plan to reinstate "family night" (just the 6 of us).
      April 24, 2021 11:33 AM MDT