Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Envy and global anger over US vaccine abundance." WHAT? Are we not sharing but hogging?

"Envy and global anger over US vaccine abundance." WHAT? Are we not sharing but hogging?

Posted - April 24, 2021

Responses

We paid for them.  

What should be looked at is vaccine that has gone to waste.
      April 24, 2021 2:26 PM MDT

• I can easily know that headline was written by an American journalist.  That's because the headline implies that everyone who's not from the United States thinks about the United States all of the time.  I've never thought about feeling envy and anger over US vaccine abundance.  The anger is over the failures of my own country's slow vaccination program.  I blame President Fernández for that, not the United States.  As of today, 13,6% of Argentinians have had at least one vaccination.  Chile is at 41,4% and Uruguay is at 32,1%.  The United States is at 41%.
      April 24, 2021 4:45 PM MDT

I don't know who wrote it sirena but I just asked another question tangential to it. If it's not one thing it's another. You think you have a handle on one thing and it's going well and 10 more "problems" show up to straighten out. We had a terrible start as I'm sure you know. The former head guy wasn't up to handling it but I think this guy has. Our "problem" now are those who refuse to be vaccinated. Many simply for political reasons which I think is intolerable. Others have other reasons and I can understand a lot better. Is it that you simply don't have enough vaccines m'dear or that the plan your president employed was ineffective? We got our Johnson & Johnson shot at a local pharmacy on April 8 so as of April 22 we're "safe". But we haven't changed a thing. Why? Because there is a lot of unknowns about this pandemic and some anomalies and lots of folks who aren't vaccinated so we are changing nothing. What could it hurt? How are you and your family doing and do you know WHEN you will be able to be vaccinated? That statistic  is shocking compared to the other countries you mention. Is your president anti-vaccine and a crackpot like our former president was? Thank you for your reply sirena and Happy Sunday. STAY SAFE! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 27, 2021 2:48 PM MDT
      April 25, 2021 2:22 AM MDT

• I was already upset with President Fernández because he ignored his own mandates.  He was caught not wearing a mask and hosting gatherings several times.  He isn't the only politician who ignored the coronavirus restrictions.  The vaccination plan he employed was ineffective.  He talked about how great his vaccination plan would be while other countries were already working on their plans.  He was late getting to the starting line for the race.  My grandparents have been vaccinated.  None of my other immediate family members are eligible yet.  I don't know when the vaccine will be available for us.  Nearly all of my extended family members in the United States who aren't evangelical Christians have already been vaccinated.  I know my cousin Livvie and her husband have appointments for their second doses on Thursday.  My cousins who live in the state of Colorado have had both doses already. 
      April 27, 2021 3:10 PM MDT

I'm so sorry that you are experiencing this sirena. The US seemingly has more doses available than we need and I believe we are sending some to India as they are suffering immensely. Of course the head of the country is responsible for the way this pandemic is being fought. I hope maybe the US can send some doses to Argentina. That stat you quoted is terrible. To think that in America millions of people are allegedly ignoring getting their second shot and millions won't even bother getting any at all! There is something so terribly wrong with that. What we need is a GLOBAL response not leave it up to individual countries. Maybe next time it will be smoother since we are told there will always be a NEXT TIME? Hang in there and I'll be thinking about you and hoping the next time we chat you will have had the vaccine! Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :). This post was edited by RosieG at May 1, 2021 9:51 PM MDT
      April 28, 2021 3:09 AM MDT

Biden already gave some to Canada and is supposed to give us some more. Cheers and happy weekend!
      April 24, 2021 4:48 PM MDT

Neverending isn't it Nanoose? You think one thing is covered or settled or resolved or stable and 77 others crop up. Keeps us hopping. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday to thee and thine! :)
      April 25, 2021 2:08 AM MDT

It was reported on this morning's News that the USA is sending a load of vaccine to India.

The UK has just sent a lot of other medical aids including oxygen plant, there. I don't know what other countries are doing similarly.
      April 27, 2021 2:24 AM MDT