Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Legal » When is the last time you interacted with the police? (Other than saying hello.)

When is the last time you interacted with the police? (Other than saying hello.)

About five years ago, I called 911...my brother had called me and said he was going to kill himself and that he had a gun. I gave them his address at the other side of town. Somehow they didn't understand and showed up at my door. We insisted nothing was going on here and I explained what was going on. They went and picked him up.

Posted - April 25, 2021

Responses

Work-related incident that required police involvement about 4-5 years ago. 

Around that same time I also had an interaction wherein a police officer assisted me with putting on a spare tire when I had a flat. 

Sorry to hear about your brother's situation. 
      April 25, 2021 11:29 AM MDT

He died shortly thereafter. Drugs and alcohol.
      April 25, 2021 11:35 AM MDT

:(

((hugs))
      April 25, 2021 11:44 AM MDT

I'm so sorry, Element.  I can't imagine losing my only sibling. 
      April 25, 2021 12:33 PM MDT

I still have five left.
      April 25, 2021 5:13 PM MDT

I think that's nice.  My sister and I are very close.
      April 25, 2021 7:32 PM MDT

About 8 years ago when 2 cops on ATV's tried to catch me while I was growing pot in the bush. I ran and ran as fast as I can and they couldn't catch me because I was the Cannabis Man. (stole that last bit from the Gingerbread Man)
    Cheers!

April 25, 2021 11:41 AM MDT

Cannabis-infused gingerbread sounds delicious!! 

Cheers!
      April 25, 2021 11:45 AM MDT

They probably would be delicious but I don't think I would try them. A couple of weeks ago I tried pot cookies for the second time in my life and both times I found then to be too much of a different high and too trippy. My wife does those gummies and really likes them but every time she asks me if I would like to try them I pull a Nancy  Regan on her and just say no. Cheers! 

April 25, 2021 12:04 PM MDT

And you know, some people don't get high at all from edibles? I just learned that recently. What a bummer! 

April 25, 2021 6:58 PM MDT

Maybe the people who don't get high aren't eating real edibles. All the ingredients in the cookies I had were made from cannabis - flour, butter, oil and what ever other ingredients they make cookies with. Our son made them for me he is a  professional chief so maybe that is another reason they were so buzzy. He also makes that CBD oil (or what ever it is called) I like that stuff I have used it for a few different reasons like headaches and sore joints. Cheers! 
      April 25, 2021 8:03 PM MDT

One I know for sure were real, they were from a dispensary. And she ate more than twice as much as I've ever eaten and it still did nothing! Weird. 
    Also, a budtender told me that some people really don't get high from them, which seems strange and sad. 

I'm going to try making some, I think. So much cheaper than buying them from the dispensary! 
      April 27, 2021 5:09 PM MDT

About a month ago, I called the police about 12:30 AM because I heard a couple of ATVs racing a few blocks away.  Seems they were doing that on the weekends, but that time it was during the week.  I know they were ATVs because you can tell by the sound they make.  About a week before, in the middle of the day, I almost hit someone on an ATV after I stopped at a sign and proceeded into the intersection when I didn't see any cars, and as I got almost to the other side, this fool with a passenger on an ATV came flying off the sidewalk and I had to slam on my brakes. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at April 25, 2021 5:14 PM MDT
      April 25, 2021 12:09 PM MDT

The asked if we knew a woman who was tresspassing on some business property. 

She did not seem well. She was talking to herself and nosing around behind different businesses.  

They talked to her and moved to a different part of the property.  I do not know what happened with her but we did not see her again. I do hope they got her some help.
      April 25, 2021 12:54 PM MDT

A few months ago. They asked to be let into my building.
      April 25, 2021 12:57 PM MDT

A few years ago.  At 1:30 am  I called the sheriff's non-emergency number because someone I didn't know was in a car I didn't recognize, parked in front of my home since 1:15 am ,  rummaging through what looked like a car full of pure junk/papers/stuff/crap.  Three cars ascended on that poor man and scared the hell out of him.   Turns out he was visiting a neighbor who was a family member.  
      April 25, 2021 1:29 PM MDT

The only police I ever interacted with was the officer who I delivered newspapers to back when I had a newspaper route.  Each month I collected payment for the paper from him (very nice guy).
      April 25, 2021 1:39 PM MDT

I walk in back of building going home after work in 2012. A girl see me passing by her and a minute later scream you piece of chit. Way back there I look still going etc. and see her near the parked cars where she claimed I broke into hers. I stand at the t station for a bus next and three cruisers come roaring up to me. The lady I passed earlier who yelled you pos said that's him as they beamed a bright spotlight on me. Two cops took me and threw me in the back of the cop car, handcuffed too tight and sent me to jail for processing. It was gruelling because they couldn't get the broke finger printer to work correctly and inked my fingers over and over til' right. I was jacked on espresso coffee and was trembling but not out of fear. It looked bad til I call a brother who drove 20 miles to pick me up.  I spent a total 3 years getting called back and forth to court 6 times and one cop and the accuser never showed but they still insisted I return. Finally, the little lady lawyer said you can forget about all this because I talked to the DA and he said to release me. Somebody must have stuck up for me. I paid 1000 dollars which is mandatory and was told that you will have no record when I ask. I was never going to plea bargain. I did not steal gold coins from her car. It was only a fluke I had gold colored t tokens on me which were not gold. They had no evidence. She probably just wanted quick revenge and though I could have t tokens on me. IDK. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at April 25, 2021 5:16 PM MDT
      April 25, 2021 1:42 PM MDT

Preparing the tax return for my client who is a cop.
      April 27, 2021 1:52 PM MDT