Stu Spelling Bee
Danilo_G
Destroyer-Marauder
Zack
a m b e r
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Can you name one show that is more painful to watch than Grey’s Anatomy?

Can you name one show that is more painful to watch than Grey’s Anatomy?

Posted - May 2

• 17393
    It's a good movie to watch when you're feeling a little down.  
      May 3, 2021 10:21 AM MDT
    2

• 18241
    Thanks!
    :)
      May 3, 2021 10:42 AM MDT
    2

• 7083
    I feel the same, I try to find new things to watch but just end up rewatching shows I’ve watched in the past. There’s not much of anything new worth watching lately. 
      May 3, 2021 12:36 PM MDT
    3

• 42876

I’ve never seen even five seconds of “Grey’s Anatomy”.  That’s a chick show, right? Yes, I believe it’s 100% a chick show. Ok, I can’t name a particular show that’s worse than it is because I have no comparative information, but I’ll concede that pretty much all newly produced television programming is a wasteland these days. 

I’m way too cheap to pay for premium channels or Netflix or streaming services, etc., so all I get is basic channels. Yawnsville all the way.   To make up for the deficits, I watch a lot of “old man” channels with reruns of up to 20, 30, 40 years old. They leave me as happy as a clam.

(Wait, have you been on my lawn again? Grrrrrrr.)

~

May 2, 2021 9:50 PM MDT
    5

• 7083
    Thank you for your input, Grandpa. Get Netflix it’s only $8 a month lol.
      May 3, 2021 12:38 PM MDT
    2

• 42876

That’s $8 taken away from my monthly Harem budget. I’ll pass.

~

May 3, 2021 4:38 PM MDT
    1

• 12257
    Any infomercial. At least medidramas have a story of sorts.
      May 2, 2021 9:56 PM MDT
    6

• 7083
    I haven’t seen an infomercial in years. I remember when they were the only thing in television after 12pm. Some of them were entertaining, at least to me lol.  
      May 4, 2021 5:24 AM MDT
    1

• 395
    You were so into this show until it started getting into spiritual erotica, lol. For me I'll have to go with Big Bang Theory.  I absolutely despised that show. 
      May 3, 2021 8:44 AM MDT
    4

• 7083
    I should have listened to you and not even started it lol. I don’t under stand how Big Bang lasted so long. I’ve never met a person who admitted they liked it. Someone must like it. 
      May 4, 2021 5:26 AM MDT
    1

• 395
    Oh I know a ton of people that like it, lol. It's typically the same people that loved Friends. 
      May 4, 2021 5:41 AM MDT
    0

• 3560
    In the spirit of National Paranormal Day, which is today, I nominate American Supernatural for something pretty painful to watch.  That show’s pretty eye-roll worthy. This post was edited by Livvie at May 4, 2021 5:26 AM MDT
      May 3, 2021 11:42 AM MDT
    4

• 7083
    I missed ghost day?? Haha okay I’ll watch it if ever feel like I run out of reasons to roll my eyes. 
      May 4, 2021 5:26 AM MDT
    1

• 18241
    In case you see I posted and then deleted an answer:
      I only tried to post that "Wizard of OZ" tornado scene again. It still didn't post.  :)
      May 3, 2021 12:36 PM MDT
    4

• 17393
      May 3, 2021 1:48 PM MDT
    4

• 18241
    Thanks Spunky Senior!
    Yeah, this one posted for me, too when I tried it. (I tried several scenes to post.) But the scary, strong scenes for me are the scenes leading up to when she gets hit on the head by the window blowing in on her  - - when Dorothy is running home with Toto, we see the tornado far away and approaching, the wind, the farm hands collecting animals, letting them loose, Auntie Em yelling "Dorothy! I can't find Dorothy!" And Dorothy kicking the door to the storm shelter - - scary to me as a boy - - and I still like its effectiveness as an adult. :)

I appreciate your help here, thanks!

And my favorite part of this scene you posted is when Miss Gulch appears! Yesss! Margaret Hamilton is amazing to me in this movie! "Practically perfect in every way"! What a performance to me!
    I read somewhere that Hamilton, as Miss Gulch and The Wicked Witch of the West - - has a "total actual screen time" of about two minutes, if that. Maybe even less. But what an impact she makes! We all know she is THERE, every moment! At least, I do! Ha!
      May 3, 2021 8:20 PM MDT
    4

• 17393
    I can hear the soundtrack in my head. :)

For some unknown reason, some videos post others don't, even when they're the same scene.
      May 4, 2021 5:46 PM MDT
    1

• 7083
    I see it done below where spunky posted :) 
      May 4, 2021 5:27 AM MDT
    2

• 18241
    Yes, I saw it, too. That was nice to have help!
    :)

And, for some reason, I wasn't able to post that same scene that included the outdoor scenes leading up to to that window dream scene after Dorothy gets hit on the head by the window. I described them under Spunky Senior's post. Those are the scenes that always have struck me. :) It's always fun to watch. Like I shared with Spunky Senior, I love Miss Gulch and Wicked Witch in that scene she posted for me. :)
      May 4, 2021 6:30 AM MDT
    4