Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Can you picture this? No masks no social distancing and dining inside? All available to VACCINATED homo saps. How do you know whom they are?

Can you picture this? No masks no social distancing and dining inside? All available to VACCINATED homo saps. How do you know whom they are?

People LIE all the time right? They can say they are vaccinated and show you a fake card attesting thereto.

I won't unmask or unsocial distance or EVER (probably) dine inside a restaurant again. WHY? I don't trust folks. More and more I see less and less reason to trust. LYING is now the way to go for everyone about everything all time. All due to FOOTOO and the FOOTOOHEADS who 24/7 LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE. I don't care if you lie about your age or your income or if you namedrop. But if you are lying to me about being vaccinated when you aren't? I hope you go directly to wherever the pain is greatest. There. I wonder how many others like me have been made to be that way? FOOTOO did a number on everyone. No I won't go into toilet humor and say NUMBER TWO. That's entirely up to you. Sheesh. Sigh. Next?

Posted - May 13, 2021

Responses

I think of it this way ... I'm at no greater risk dining than I was before.
    I've been in buffet lines and seen things that would spread disease - and nobody blinks about it.
    Kids are shorter than "sneeze guards", yet are allowed in line - where they sneeze, cough, handle utensils/food.  {shudder}
    I've seen people in restaurant bathrooms not wash their hands.  (the sign doesn't mean only employees should wash hands)
    I've seen (and received) food that the workers tampered with.

Not that I dined in restaurants a lot, before Covid.
    And if I saw those things as common the few times I did "dine in" - imagine how often they must happen.
    It's not like everybody waited for me to be there, before being on their worse behavior.

May 13, 2021 1:46 PM MDT

I love to cook so we never did dine out a lot. Maybe a coupla times a year for something "special". We used to take our neighbor friend out for lunch on her birthday. She, Jim and I are all Scorpios. And when family would visit we might go out for a meal...usually breakfast. But it was rare. It will be rarer now. Thank you for your reply Walt and Happy Friday to thee and thine! :)
      May 14, 2021 3:09 AM MDT

We are already back to normal.  And cases are not going through the roof.   

We have been to two different buffets as well. 

I personally social distance normally at about 4ft so 6ft is not a big stretch for me.  

We even had a contact delivery the other day.  ( I prefer the contactless....lol)

But main thing wash your hands regularly.   
      May 13, 2021 2:56 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Friday to you and yours! :)
      May 14, 2021 3:51 AM MDT

i just got over covid but I'm getting vaccinated this Monday because I do not want to get sick again. i would also like Ontario to be out of lockdown before I die 
      May 13, 2021 3:02 PM MDT

Oh sweetie your last sentence just tugged at my heart. I sure hope so too. Well Jim and I got the J&J vaccine April 8 so by April 22 we were theoretically protected. But we mask and glove and social distance anyway. We can't know who is vaccinated and who might be a carrier. The powers that be don't know for how long the vaccine works. It could be 2 months or 6 months or whatever. Will we need booster shots as the virus mutates and more variants are created?  Probably. But for now we've done what we should do and I'm glad you are doing it too. At least you don't have politics working against you in Ontario, do you? I expect everyone is on board with the need to get vaccinatedw where you live. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee and thine a m b e r! :)
      May 14, 2021 3:03 AM MDT

You'll be wanting vaccine passports next. 
      May 14, 2021 3:29 AM MDT