Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » $42billion in sales in 2019 the Ford F-150 truck was amazing. Will its all-electric version be even amazinger? Do you own an F-150?

$42billion in sales in 2019 the Ford F-150 truck was amazing. Will its all-electric version be even amazinger? Do you own an F-150?

Posted - May 19, 2021

Responses

I do not own one but my stepmom‘s last pickup truck was a Ford F-150.  She has an F-350 now.  My stepbrother’s a really bad driver so he had a minor accident with the F-150. He got into an accident with it in the parking lot of the DMV.  It was at his road test to get his driver’s license when he was 16, so he flunked before he even got out of the parking lot.  

He’s 24 now.  He eventually got his driver’s license, but he still really sucks at driving.  He just had his fourth accident last month.

This post was edited by Livvie at May 22, 2021 1:41 AM MDT
      May 21, 2021 3:26 PM MDT

Can someone have his driver's license taken away FOR LIFE? I wonder if there is a limit to how many accidents you can have before you lose that privilege? So he is a danger to himself and everyone else. I wonder if there is some physical debility that is causing it? In the brain or the eyes?  Condolences m'dear. Thank you for your reply Liv! :)
      May 22, 2021 1:42 AM MDT

I’m pretty close with my stepmom, so she gave me quite an education about my stepbrother’s driving woes.  His accident last month was pretty bad.  He was in the hospital for about a few days.  The accident, which he caused entirely by himself, blocked all of the lanes on the freeway for a couple of hours and involved two other cars and a truck.  The other drivers, who also had to go to the hospital, will no doubt sue his insurance company which dropped his coverage right away.  When he had this accident, his license had only been reinstated for one week after it was suspended.  

While his license was suspended, he drove anyway but got into his third accident while driving on a suspended license.  He avoided jail time but he had a ton of money to pay in fines and fees to pay to get his license back.  

Anyway, because he had an accident while driving on a suspended license, he’s required to have SR-22 certification (ongoing proof of auto insurance) to keep his driver’s license.  Since his insurance dropped him, his license was immediately suspended again.  I don’t know if he’ll be driving anytime soon because it’s going to be pretty hard for him to get insurance that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.

May 22, 2021 10:21 PM MDT

Thank you for the detailed description Liv. I appreciate it. But there has got to be something wrong with him. Might he have a death wish? What he has caused and experienced is way outside of the normal even for a lousy driver. Of course he can drive without a license if he wants to so taking the license away would not be a disincentive. Has he ever seen a psychiatrist? Does he know he has a severe problem? He will keep driving until someone dies. I don't know what the odds of that are but I expect living with the knowledge that you killed someone would not be something I'd wish on anyone. Happy Sunday to thee and thine m'dear! :)
      May 23, 2021 2:47 AM MDT

It might be a psychological issue.  He’s the kind of driver I absolutely hate encountering on the road. He’s both inattentive and impatient.  

When he had his first accident, he turned left in front of an oncoming car when both he and the other driver had green lights, but he didn’t have a green arrow.  He didn’t have the right-of-way.  That just had to be a new BMW that he hit.

When he got into an accident while his license was suspended, he was making a left turn.  He stopped at the red light, but then he went anyway while the light was still red!  He got sideswiped by the semi truck coming from his right that had the green light.  It’s right turn on red after a complete stop and when no one else is coming, not left turn on red after a complete stop when someone else is coming.  Who does that?  That’s extra bad driving!

When he got into his second accident which is the one that got his license suspended, the police didn’t have very far to go to get to the accident scene.  He hit a state patrol car on the side of the road that had its lights flashing.  That was already pretty bad thing to do, but he made it a lot worse by not stopping.  He just kept going.

I don’t know what exactly happened with him last month.  It takes a long time for my dad and my stepmom to actually get that information out of him.

This post was edited by Livvie at May 24, 2021 8:13 AM MDT
      May 24, 2021 8:10 AM MDT