Active Now

Spunky
Thebigd
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If electricity goes out plug your house into your truck's battery and it will light up your lives. Which truck? FORD 150. Gonna get one?

If electricity goes out plug your house into your truck's battery and it will light up your lives. Which truck? FORD 150. Gonna get one?

They'll be available for sale in 2022. The cost? I'm not sure. Maybe $70K. I just don't know. But well will ya get one?

Posted - May 21, 2021

Responses

Ford has revealed the F-150 Lightning, an all-electric version of its popular pickup truck due out in 2022, and it's aggressively priced for an EV. The base model with 230 miles of range starts at $39,974, while the extended range version starts in the mid-$50,000s and can go about 300 miles.

No, I'm not going to get one because I have no use for such a large vehicle.  I've driven a compact car for several decades and that's more than enough car for me. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at May 21, 2021 3:26 PM MDT
      May 21, 2021 9:03 AM MDT

But plugging your home into that truck battery in case electricity goes out? Boy how nifty is that? We've been without electricity for hours at a time. We have THREE REFRIGERATORS and I always worry about what's inside going bad. Anyway it's a good hook sales pitch. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      May 21, 2021 9:11 AM MDT

Sounds great, but if the power is out for a long enough period of time, then you drain your truck battery and you can't go anywhere or evacuate in case of an emergency.  I would think having a generator would be a better idea.  
      May 21, 2021 9:12 AM MDT

I don't know how long the power lasts in the F150 battery. It just sounds so darn cool plugging into your truck to fire up you electricity. Doesn't it? Thank you for your reply.
      May 21, 2021 11:17 AM MDT

I don't think I'm as impressed by that as you are. :)  It isn't practical to deplete your vehicle in case of a power outage because you may need that vehicle to evacuate a very dangerous situation.
      May 22, 2021 3:08 AM MDT

I impress easily. That's the kid in me. She works full time at it! I am regularly amazed and awed by lots of stuff. I think that's what keeps me young in heart. I don't know for sure though why I'm wired as I am. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      May 22, 2021 3:15 AM MDT